🐈
» Forums » Support » i closed my account by mistake, i want to re-...
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
ec0662dc
Community Member

Hi, whenever I try to login using google,**Edited for Community Guidelines**
It says I can't log in with google. (Google account s...e@gmail.com is not recognised for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked)
Then whenever I try to log in with just my email, I get a response that the account that the Username is incorrect?

I tried resetting my password, but whilst in filling my email **Edited for Community Guidelines** it doesn't allow me either.
When I want to make a new account with the email**Edited for Community Guidelines**  then I am not allowed because there is already an account with that email address.

Could someone help me out?

Hi Sven,

I checked and it looks like the account you're referring to is currently closed. If you'd like us to reopen it for you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message. We'd need to confirm some information about the account with you in order to proceed.

~Andrea
Upwork
mojowaky
Community Member

Hi my main account at upwork is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, in the past I did get notifications from **Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork. I cannot use the **Edited for Community Guidelines**  on upwork as it says its in use, If I try to login it says incorrect username, if I try to get a password forgotten email I get the same error invalid username. I cant see anywhere in my upwork account that its linked to **Edited for Community Guidelines** , how do I resolve this ? as I want to use my hotmail address as main email.

Hi mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
mojowaky
Community Member

no one has reached out. when is this going to get resolved as this dragging on for several days. I WANT THIS TICKET ESCALATED , ASAP .

Hi Mohame,

I checked and can confirm the team has emailed you to the registered email of the account you're referring to. You can try finding their email by searching the subject line "Forgot Security Question and Password."

Please reply directly to that email to communicate with the team, when everything is in one place we can be more efficient in assisting you.

~Andrea
Upwork
10ea28e1
Community Member

I am new to upwork and I created an account, not knowing you are not allowed to delete your account. I was accidentally logged in as a client and couldn't figure out how to create a freelancer account under the same name, so I deleted the account.

After researching ways to solve the problem, I am very dissapointed that It was not made clear what would happen if I delete an account (email and phone number cannot be reused) and it was not clear that that was the reason creating a new account was not working. 

I have found out through other forums that I need to contact support and have them restore my account

however, it seems like I need an account in order to contact support, but even then I can't find a way to contact support. I am writing from some sort of half-account that doesn't have access to full features of upwork.

I want to interact with a human who can restore my old account please. 

Hi Zac,

It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zac, 

It looks like you were able to file support tickets regarding your concern. If you're a client on Upwork, you can create a freelancer profile in the same account by following the steps here. 

I'll go ahead and ask help from the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you soon regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
82e602b8
Community Member

Hey,

I deleted an account by accident. How can I recover it? I'm logging the account now it's showing this email is not associated. Please help me to recover this account. 

Hi there, 

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nikola S,

Please check your Inbox. I send the account details. 

Hi Tools, 

Thank you for sending a private message. I will forward your message to Nikola and he will respond to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep

Can anyone help in recovering my deleted account?

Hi Saajan,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
846c99ff
Community Member

I deleted my account a while ago but I was wondering if I could get it back.

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
846c99ff
Community Member

Just sent you a message, thank you.

3d69a473
Community Member

I created an account but closed it b/c it said I had another account associated with my phone number. I closed both accounts. However, when I tried to recreate the account, it said that my email was associated with a profile & I needed to sign in. I tried to sign in and it said it was not a correct email. So I've created another account simply to be able to ask for help in reopening the other account (with the email that I want assocaited with the account). Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Thank you in advance!

I have the same issue I need help getting an account I deleted, but no one has given me an answer.

Hi Tonya,

~Andrea
Upwork
3d69a473
Community Member

I'm not sure if my private message went through or not. Please let me know. 

asmaareej
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, 
        facing issue with live chat button not showing on help center.
        facing issues with creating an Upwork agency, ( I had an Upwork agency profile before, I delete it a few weeks ago, but now trying to create a new one but can't find create Upwork agency button ) kindly resolve my issue. 

Request Upwork and the community to guide me on this. 

Thanks
Asma A
Top Rated Plus Freelancer 

Hi Asma,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you can only create one agency profile. Please confirm if you want to have the old agency restored so we can assist you with it. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork
cyberman01
Community Member

I haven't logged in for at least six months and now my profile is gone. I created a new profile, but really hope this is some way to get my data back.

Hi Claude,

~Andrea
Upwork
vikas_wani
Community Member

Hello,

I have a freelancer account and had an agency account in it.

I wanted to create a new agency account so I deleted the old one but now I can't find the option to create an agency account.

I only see option to create a client account.

Can someone please help me to either create a new account or reinstate my old agency account?

Thanks,

Vikas

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. Please check your email as well as a corresponding email for this ticket will be sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
1ac40877
Community Member

Hey,

I had two types of account - client and freelancer. I closed client account and it also closed a freelancer.

Please help to reactivate it. 

Hi Vitalii,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Please note that If you have a freelancer and client profile, your entire Upwork account (both freelancer and client areas) will be closed when you close either profile type. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
449fb933
Community Member

Hi,

Seems like I have no other way to reach support and get my problem addressed.

I'm https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012aeb09289b65bf9b and my account was locked on Jun 1 because I was located in Russia at that time.

Now I've moved to Kazakhstan and would like my account to be reviewed for reinstatement.

I've created the following requests by email recently

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35706725
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/34955875
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35669231
https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35693857

but I have a strong feeling that I've been ignored.

I can't log in and update those requests so I had to register a new account to be able to write here.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Anatoly

Hi Anatoly,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
9a5899c7
Community Member

Dear community,

I created an upwork account many years ago. I tried to login with this very email today, and the dialog said that the email/username is incorrect. This sounded like the email doesn't exist. But then I tried to sign up anew and got the error "this email is already in use". 

I solved this problem by creating a new account with another, secondary email address. But I am afraid I have two accounts now and I'd love to use my primary address for my (up)work.

Thanks so much for your help!

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e3bd59fd
Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem login into upwork.

When I try to login system says that this email is not correct but when I try to create a new account with this email, system says that this email is used.

Please help me to restore my account or delete it and/or give me possibility to create new one with my email.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ID,

~Andrea
Upwork
91812c86
Community Member

Hi,

I can't sign in to my main account. I just get the "Oops! Username is incorrect.". Figured my account was deleted for inactivity or something so I tried re-registering it, but then it says "This email is already in use."

It seems my account is stuck in limbo.

Hi Daniel,

~Andrea
Upwork
alexander-franji
Community Member

my acccount was deleted by mistake , i want to reopen it please

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths