🐈
» Forums » Support » Cant login with my old account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi Alexander,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
6fd0f405
Community Member

I need help with recovering deleted freelancer account on Upwork. 

Checked the previous threads on the topic, happy to send Username and further verification information 

Hi Boyar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please click on my name to send me a PM. 

~ AJ
Upwork
staceytaz4
Community Member

I haven't used it for some time. I am still receiving emails though. I can't find support for this. Is there anyone that can help me or anyone I can email?

Thank you,

Stacey

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a5bfd060
Community Member

Hello. I created this temporary account because I'm unable to log in with my previous account. I try to log in but I get an error message, both with email or Google, but if I try to create an account, it tells me that that email already has an account. Since the platform doesn't give any "forgot you're password" option can someone please help on what to do? I really don't want the account to be linked to this email.

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ana,

I checked and it looks like the account you're logging in to is currently closed. If you'd like us to reopen it for you please send me a private message so I can confirm some information with you.

~Andrea
Upwork
a5bfd060
Community Member

Hi, Andrea. I would like to reopen my account, please. Thank you.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your post. I can see that you've been communicating with Andrea regarding your concern. I took the liberty of reaching out to the team in charge of your request and you should be getting an update via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to communicate and provide the required information so that they can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2542d6ea
Community Member

Hi! I can't log in to my account due to lost access to the email and number associated to that account.

I only created new account to I can reach out. i will delete it once I gain access to my verified account.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the details of the account that needs restoring?

~ AJ
Upwork
96ee2ca6
Community Member

I lost the google account I used to create my original Upwork Account. Please help me recover this account. Thank you!

Hi Stanley,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name? Kindly send me the email address associated with the account so I can check this for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
615f6c92
Community Member

Hi Guys, Please your assistance will be highly appreciated. I have been trying to access my account for the past two months and I keep getting a broken login page, with an error message "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR" when I inspect the site. And below is the screenshot of how the page looks. This issue is happening on my desktop, mobile apps(I have tried using multiple phones), and different browsers and still the same issue. 

Here is the page:
Screenshot_2.jpg

I have also tried contacting support directly but cannot contact them unless I am logged in, I had to open a new account to post this here, I can't find any information for a live chat with support.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Ladi,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Could you please send me a PM and provide the details about the account in question? Kindly click on my name in order to send me a PM. Thanks!

~ AJ
Upwork
5b7cb58b
Community Member

Hello - 

I currently have an account set up with my personal gmail account (1).  Not knowing I could only use an e-mail address/phone number once I opened another account with my business e-mail address (2).

When I realized the mistake I made I closed account (2) and tried to update account 1's e-mail address to my business e-mail (2).  It says that the account is already in use.  

Should I be able to update my e-mail address for account (1) using e-mail (2) after I have closed the account?

How can I correct this so that my UpWork account e-mail address is that of my company? (2)

Thank you.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with your account. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9bd93df1
Community Member

Hello, I lived in Belarus, my account was blocked by sanctions.
I moved to Italy, where I am trying to unblock my account.
I wrote to technical support, but more than a week has passed and there is no answer.
So I am writing here, how can I recover my account?

Hi Nikita,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that this is a new account. Can you please send me the details of the account that needs restoring? Kindly send me a PM by clicking my name.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, I wrote to you, waiting for your answer

bryan595
Community Member

I need some help in restoring my agency account. I closed it thinking I wouldn't use it anymore, but I have since decided to use it again. 

Hi Bryan,

Your agency account has been restored as per your request. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
63a70980
Community Member

I deleted my account on accident and I'm trying to recover it, can I?

Hi Hiana,

It looks like you've reached out to the team handling your case and a support ticket has been set up with your concern. Please continue communicating through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cc09086f
Community Member

I accidentally deleted an old account, is there any chance i can get it back? 

Hi Victor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. Please keep an eye out as an email will be sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
420336f6
Community Member

Hello my account was suspened and i just created it last night and added my paypal and DL. And you did not send an email saying i was suspened so i can rspond. This is bad pr.

The account is under my same name but different email. i am sure you can look it up. Looking forward to figuring out what is going on.

Hi Mark,

I certainly understand why you're upset and please allow me to assist. Firstly, welcome to Upwork. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your account so that I can check and assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
420336f6
Community Member

I sent you an email but have not heard back.

Hi Mark,

I did receive your message and I truly appreciate the details you've provided. I've escalated your concern to the appropriate team for further review and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket. You can always check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
420336f6
Community Member

Just to confirm they will contact me on my original email or the one i used for google?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your message. You should receive a communication on the registered email address on the closed account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I still am waiting and have not receieved a single email. 

Hi Mark,

I can see that our team had just reached out to you a few minutes back with details about the status of your account. You can check here or your email and feel free to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
521ffbd1
Community Member

I closed my account and would like to reactivate it. I am unable to create a new profile because it says my email and phone is associated with an account already. Thank you!

Hi Katie Rose,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with assistance on how to reinstate your old account. You can check here or your email for updates and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
521ffbd1
Community Member

Fantastic! Thank you so much, Arjay 😊 I really appreciate it! 

d94eb296
Community Member

I created this account from which I am writing to submit this question.

The thing is, I closed my other account and now I want it back. However, I can't log in with Google or email, I just get an error that says "Oops! The username is wrong". And If I try to log in with Google I get an error that says something like "incorrect account ". Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!

With regards,

Nikita Efimov

Hi Nikita,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
59e736b3
Community Member

Login problem

I have a problem with login with my old personal account. When I try to login system says that this email is not correct but when I try to create a new account with this email, system says that this email is used.

Please help me to restore my account or delete it and give me possibility to create new one with my email.

( I had to create this new account (**edited for Community Guidelines**) to be able to ask for suport)

My old email and account were **edited for Community Guidelines** user name: **edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths