🐈
» Forums » Support » Suspended account - Not able to appeal?
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

657 REPLIES 657
5f605c55
Community Member

I have the same problem, I can't find where and how to open a ticket. Can you help?

5a4d1881
Community Member

Hi Team,

I accidentally closed my upwork account since I was new and I'm confused with my two accounts. Can you help me reopen my original email? I have been using that email so its important for me to recover it. This is just a new account that I have created and I want to close this after I recover my original email.

Best Regards,

Aiko Mae Narvasa

Hi Aiko,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
e0d86ddf
Community Member

My account was hidden or something back in 2020. Literally impossible to even log-in to my account. Says "Oops! Wrong account!" When it's not. Terrible system. Makes no sense why I can't log-in to the account at all. Tried making another account but it says, "Other account is using this phone number." Anyways, I've seen multiple forum threads with the same problem. The solutions aren't useful since I cannot access the account, there is zero way for me to contact the non-existent custumer support to reactivate my account. You'd think a website this larger would have a 24/7 live chat but they are too frugal to hire staff like that.

Very frustrating with no valid excuse for why it exists. Need my account manually reactivated and since there is no customer support, this is the only way I've found to do that.

Hi Isaak,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Allow me to assist you with your concern. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your original account? I will have it reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ba81c110
Community Member

i want to recover my old deleted account, can anyone help to recover my account

my email was **Edited for Community Guidelines** , please help i have deleted it mistakenly then i have create newone because there is was no get paid option thats way i decided to delete my old account and create new one,but now i want my old account

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc6d1624
Community Member

i deleted my account a few days ago using this email, but now I would like to make a new one however I'm unable to make a new account or re-login because it's saying that I already have an account when I sign up and "that email is already attached to an account  "

Hi Reece,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like the account is active. Could you please try logging in instead of signing up? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork
a3e94688
Community Member

Hi I was trying to access my account after a long time but when i try to login i get "Oops! Username is incorrect." error which is false since my account is already there. I don't know what to do to login. Can't sign up with this email either since it says that it already exists. 
This is a very annoying issue and I don't know how to solve it.
My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a3e94688
Community Member

I can't even send you a message. I get the error "You used a bad word. When I clearly did not". Here's my private message text.

Hi Luiggi. Hope you're doing well. My email that i am unable to login from is **edited for Community Guidelines**. I don't know my password since i haven't logged in for a decent amount of time.
I tried to forget it but when i enter my email, i get Invalid username or email. It's very frustrating. Kindly help me out please.

It's shocking how poor upwork's error handling is or whatever the issue is. Unbelievable 😞

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I have forwarded your concern to the Upwork Support Team, who will contact you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a3e94688
Community Member

Thank you 🙂

Ok so I got the email on my current gmail account (the account i am using right now in upwork support). It gave me the temporary password to use that to log in but when i try to enter email, it gives me same error that "Oops Username is invalid". 

Also the email that has issue is **Edited for Community Guidelines** then why on earth is upwork sending me password on my account that i used to file issue with. What if I was someone else, i mean you would really give me the password of someone else on my other email?
This is shockingly poor. I am really dissapointed by upwork's support and system.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about how you feel about your recent interaction with our support team. I have reviewed the conversation and noticed your password was reset after confirming your account-related details. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9e7ce61d
Community Member

Hello.
I lost email by hacker , i try my best but i can't recover it.

Now, i create new one to login and need help.
How can i login upwork without it. i can answer question and confirm my information.

Thanks for reading

Hi Tri,

~ AJ
Upwork

yes. I don't know what you want now.

this is my link upwork:
https://www.upwork.com/search/profiles/?q=tri%20phan%20c%23%20developer&profile=~0121a74624859f345a

and i lost my mail to login it : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can you call me like first time and we can talk video to confirm it
i think you can check the ip or location, who login in yesterday. it has
changed.
I come from Vietnam.
If you want something different, please let me know.
Thanks a lot.

when i click on your name => picture 1 => i can't send you a private message. and i click on your profile => picture2 error
How can i send  you a private message
Thanks

2ce08d47
Community Member

I closed my account on upwork a while back but decided to try coming back. However when I try to make an account using my email it tells me that there's already an account created with that email. 
Trying to log in using that email tells me that there's no account associated with that email.

Is there a way to solve this or am I going to have to use another email? I'd like to use my professional email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Missie,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
82bc2457
Community Member

Any assistance, Help if possible very urgent? 

f44abd8c
Community Member

I need help signing in to my account, when logging in without google it says I need to sign in through google and when signing in with google it says this account does not use google.  I made this second account as I cannot ask a question or get support from Upwork otherwise.  

Hi Adam,

~ AJ
Upwork
jtcava
Community Member

Hello, my account was suspended a few years ago and im not being able to appeal the suspension. I tried to reach support but it always redirects me to the upwork landing page. I just created this account so i could ask here what i should do. 

How should i proceed? 

Hi Joao,

I have checked this account and it looks like this one has been created several years ago. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to? The email address would be helpful. We'll take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jtcava
Community Member

Hello Arjay, im not being able to send you a message since it says your profile is no longer available?

In any case, its almost the same email has this account, jsut replace alt with jtc

a9796529
Community Member

While trying to close only the freelance account, I have apparently closed the whole account and can't login again with it. This is kind of a problem as I had messages I wanted to get back to. Is there a way to get into contact with Upwork support to reactivate my real account and close this one? Upwork Help Center does hide all options to contact a real agent. By clicking "Contact a Support Agent" I just get redirect to "help center" site. 

Hi Tomas,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with? We could use the email address associated with it so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a9796529
Community Member

Hello,

If i click "View Upwork profile", I have this error "This profile is no longer available". Can you please help me?

The message "This profile is no longer available" is still written, what I must do to solve this problem and then write a private message? Can someone help me with this problem?

Hi Tomas,

You should be able to send private messages now.

~Andrea
Upwork
nnasirzada
Community Member

Hi, I need someone to restore my account.
I cannot sign in using my email address, the system shows me an error message saying that incorrect email and when I try to register using this email, the system says it is already registered. Need this to be resolved as soon as possible. I can message my email in private message

Hi Nazar,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6940353e
Community Member

Hello Support, 

Can someone please help me in reactivating my old Upwork account.. Thank you in advance and looking forward..

Hello Support,

Can someone please help me out in reactivating my old account on upwork.. Thank you in advance and looking forward..

Hi Mohsin,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with your old account? Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
60fe5f1a
Community Member

I tried logging into my old account with my email (that I have emails from upwork from)

- **Edited for Community Guidelines**

If I try to log in with google login, it says it is not connected.

If I try to log in with email, it says it does not exist.

If I try to make a new account, it says the email is already in use.

I have also reached out through support ticket twice but have not gotten a reply.

I would just make a new account but I want an account linked to the **Edited for Community Guidelines** email

Please help.

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here. Firstly, please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account, and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. However, I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. 

Feel free to coordinate with the team through the email associated with your old account, the one you need assistance with. They will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths