🐈
» Forums » Support » I asked the freelancer for a refund for an co...
Page options
faaf6675
Community Member

I asked the freelancer for a refund for an contract and he refused, I need to file a dispute

My contract ID: 29832125

I am client. My contract is to invite Shopify marketing experts help achieve sales goals, I have aTerrible experience with UPWORK EXPERT -  **Edited for Community Guidelines** . I paid him $1,023 in total, 56:50 hours. Advertising fees are charged separately from my advertising account. Total $565. He was wasting time during the hours he worked. No orders were generated. No any profit. Although there was visitor traffic during this period, only 2 people subscribed to my store and I don't know if they were real customers. He didn't even review my store before starting the marketing. I tested the purchase for my store by myself and he even counted this behavior as a valid result brought by him. That's ridiculous. He kept telling me to be patient and wait, but it's been a month and still no earnings and my FB account has been blocked many times under his management. I provided him with the pictures he needed according to his request, but he did not modify it in time and my FB was banned again and again. He keeps telling me it's the reason for my product, it's the reason for FB. He has no problem. I needed multiple urgings before he could give me an answer and update on the situation. I suspended the contract and asked him for a refund, but he kept making me wait and I chose to believe so I waited until the refund expiry date and he didn't give me any positive results either. I am now asking him for a refund again, even though he did not bring me any profit, I respect his labor so I offered that I only ask for a half refund, but he refused, Not only did he refuse but he also tried to make me a rude person. He clearly didn't take the job seriously. He wasn't worth what I paid so much and I asked for a refund."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Hui,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a freelancer.  I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.      

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths