🐈
» Forums » Support » I emigrated and can't recover my account
Page options
08620ae1
Community Member

I emigrated and can't recover my account

Hello, I emigrated from Russia to Georgia.
I have all the documents, registered a business in Georgia. I live permanently in Georgia.
However, for a long time I can not recover my Upwork account with a high rating

When I try to login, I get this message:

We're sorry, your account has been locked because we've suspended operations in Russia and Belarus.

When I send an email with documents to this email address support-appeals(a)upwork.com I get this automatic message:

This email address is not monitored.

This form doesn't work for me:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/5313574196627-Appealing-an-Account-Suspension
After submitting the application, I get this automatic message:

We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.
However, the account you submitted it for either doesn't exist or is still active (not suspended).
If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we've disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team.

Since I can't get help anywhere, I had to create a temporary account to request help. I know about the ban on having a second account.
Please understand me. I will provide all the necessary information. I did not violate any rules, I became a hostage of the criminal Russian regime. My family and I have finally moved to a safe place (country of Georgia) and I really want to restore my account so that I can continue to develop cool projects! Please help me recover my account 🙏

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out and we certainly understand your concern to restore your main account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. I've also submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case for further review. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and they will surely reach out to you on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

127 REPLIES 127
ArjayM

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reaching out and we certainly understand your concern to restore your main account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. I've also submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your case for further review. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and they will surely reach out to you on the email associated with the account you need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c9dd2efa
Community Member

I have exactly the same situation. Can't log in due to suspension and have same answer apealing that form.
"However, the account you submitted it for either doesn't exist or is still active (not suspended)"
Can not find any way to contact any human from support besides creating a new account.
I'll be really greatful if you could help me as well.
Thank you

Hi Evgeny,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!

I have the same problem. I moved from Russia to Serbia but my account is blocked. Can not find any way to contact any human from support from my account besides creating a new account. Сan not provide my documents for verification.
I'll be really grateful if you could help me as well.
Thank you

Hello Marat,

I see that you're already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!
I created a ticket, but they didn't help me.
My wife is an Upwork freelancer, and her account has been suspended because she is a Russian freelancer.There is the account:  **Edited for Community Guidelines**
She cannot not login (and create a ticket by herself), because of the message: "We're sorry, your account has been locked because we’ve suspended operations in Russia and Belarus. Learn more here."
We moved to Croatia and have ID's and other documents.
Appealing in the form is not working (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=5183853486483&nonce=1710509227167), because of the message: "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."
There were no additional emails about suspending and she cannot reply to them.
Without logging in there is no way to "reach out to your Support Team".
Thank you!

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I notified the team who will be assisting your wife and can confirm that they've contacted her directly via a support ticket to assist her further with this. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
61e7579e
Community Member

Hello!

I have the same problem. I moved from Russia to France but can't unblock my account. On submitting the appeal form i got an email from Upwork with "... account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."
Chatbot didn't help.
Could you please help me to solve the issue?

Hi Yuriy,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
40b8f8ee
Community Member

Hi, I have same issue. Can you help me on that. I read the previous conversations. When I click to your profile it says "This profile is no longer available.". I need your help

Hi Gurban,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you to coordinate and assist you further with your main account concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e95f58ad
Community Member

I have the same issue. I get blocked out when I try to log in.

When I submitted the appeal, I got  "the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active"

I moved to Kazakhstan and live here, but unable to restore my account.

Hi Roman,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you are referring to? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4dd95322
Community Member

My wife has the same problem. We moved to another country and even changed our citizenship, but she still can't log in to her account. How can she contact support other than email? Email support is no longer responding(

Hi Nikita,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
745c8f34
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have relocated from Russia and unable to recover my account.

I can't log into my account as I get the message:  "We're sorry, your account has been locked because we've suspended operations in Russia and Belarus.".

When I submit the appeal form, I get an email that says: "However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)." and no other response.

Tried to contact the support through the chat but didn't get a non-automated response. 

Could you help me?

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out. Are you referring to this account you're posting from? Could you please click on my name and send me more information via PM? 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I don't see an option to send you a PM. I'm currently using a newly registered account as I can't use my old one. Probably the new account is restricted from sending PMs.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for following up. Could you please try again to send a PM? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
745c8f34
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I sent you a PM with my account details last week but still no response, could you check your message, please? 

Thank you

4dd95322
Community Member

Hi!) thanks again for your help!
My wife is still in the process of getting her account back. The support told her that she can attach various documents to prove her location and she attached her ID and bank statement. But the address on the bank statement is not up to date, since we opened the bank account we have moved to another apartment in the same country but the address on the bank statement is still the old address. She received an email that says The ID you provided is acceptable; however, the statement you provided is not. Please update your address on file to your current address. To do this go to settings>>contact info>>location.
And she doesn't know what to do? Can she give her current address as it is listed in her ID (in Israel her current address is listed on the paper attachment to her ID card) or does she have to change her address to the one listed on the bank statement in her upwork profile? Or maybe she can attach a rental agreement as proof of her current residence?

Hi Nikita,

Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. It would be best if your wife communicates directly with our support team as they are the ones that can best assist her. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a6a6b392
Community Member

Hi!

I have the exact same issue as the original poster.

I moved to another country, however, my appeal application doesn't get through (the same error about "your account is still active"), and the "support-appeals" email isn't monitored. 

I'd be grateful if your team could help me recover access to my main account.

Thank you!

Hi Julia,

We certainly understand your concern. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll look into that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a6a6b392
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for getting back to me so fast! I'd love to send you a PM, however, I don't see any button in your profile that would allow me to do that. Could it be that I can't send messages to moderators? I'd appreciate your further assistance! Thank you!

Julia

Hi Julia,

I am stepping in for Arjay here. Can you log out, log back in and check again now? I believe that you should now be able to send a private message.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9599c9e7
Community Member

Hello. Unfortunately, I encountered exactly the same situation. Can I also get assistance?

Hi Anton,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
84c53a3f
Community Member

I've got the same issue - moved to Serbia and appeal process says that my account "is still active (not suspended)"

Can you help me? Opened moderators profiles but didn't find any way send private message with my main account email info

Hi Marat,

Can you check now and see if you can send me a private message with the information? We'll be happy to look into it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
84c53a3f
Community Member

Hello, I can't send identity verification documents. Please send a working link to verify my identity

Hi Marat,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab392ee3
Community Member

Hi! I've got the same issue - moved to Norway and appeal process says "the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended)."

Can you help me?

Hi Ana,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you're referring to? I'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab392ee3
Community Member

Hi Arjay! I've messaged you a week ago but still got no answer. Could you please check your PMs? 

Hi Anna,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I've immediately escalated your concern to the appropriate team for further review. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c4ac8c0f
Community Member

I have exactly the same situation. Can't log in due to suspension and have same answer apealing that form.

We see you submitted a request to appeal an Upwork account suspension.

However, the account you submitted it for either doesn’t exist or is still active (not suspended).

If you submitted the form by mistake, no worries, we’ve disregarded it. If you have other questions, please visit Upwork Help to contact our support team.

I need your help, I'm so helpless right now and don't know what to do, I'm compelled to sign up for a new account for help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dou,

Please send me a PM with more information so I can look into this for you. You can PM my by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c4ac8c0f
Community Member

I'm really very sorry Joanne, I clicked on your avatar and no dialog box appeared, please forgive me if I may not be looking for a PM, I need your help.
I can provide you with my suspended account here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths