🐈
» Forums » Support » I made a payment to Freelancer, but the work ...
Page options
007fa97f
Community Member

I made a payment to Freelancer, but the work was deleted a few days later.

I'm a client. I have hire a freelancer twice. He published my article successfully, then I checked and release money because article URL (his delivery) met my requirements. However, a few days later, the pages of the two articles he published could not be found (404). I requested a refund and he did not agree.

Whatever goes wrong during his work, I don't want to waste time right now. I just want my money back. I need the staff to intervene and help me. But I don't want the contents of my contract to be made public, so please contact my email.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Zhijun,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the freelancer. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
007fa97f
Community Member

I can see it in [My Requets]. It's status is awiting. What should I do?

Hi Zhijun,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like our team needs additional information from your end to be able to assist you further. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

re: "I requested a refund and he did not agree."

Asking for a refund is a gamble.

Effective clients don't pay money to freelancers and then ask for that money back. Usually you won't get the money back.

I advise clients to save time and money by proactively planning to never ask freelancers for money. Never ask for a refind. Instead: Monitor a freelancer's work. If you don't love their work, then fire them. Stop paying them money.

prestonhunter
Community Member

When a freelancer delivers work to you, you should archive thst work on your own server, in a place inaccessible to the freelancer or others.

Dont rely on others.

I rely on myself. I trust myself.

I never ask Upwork for help to get a file. I never have to wait on somebody else.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths