🐈
» Forums » Support » I think this is a scam
Page options
Community Member

I think this is a scam

Good morning, this is Mousa Raza and I have recently have finished a project for a client. For the project I used a social media called Telegram and the project required me to convert 30 images to pdf format. After completing the project the client stated that the company will pay me $1800 USD. 

I gave them my banking details however they said: 

"Your project payment has been made and the funds have left our company financial wallet , but the funds haven’t reflected in your bank  account due to the fact that this is the first time you are receiving payment from an international payment server responsible for transactions all over the world". 

"You are required to link your account to our company recommended server in order for your project payment to reflect in your bank  account, if not linked payment will be terminated(lost)"

"Your project payment has been made and the funds have left our company financial wallet , but it hasn’t reflected in your BANK account due to the fact that this is the first time you are receiving payment from an international payment server , responsible for most transactions all over the world (GRAND ENTITY BANK)
Note ; This is not a direct bank to Bank transfer transaction, but from an international payment server , responsible for all worldwide transactions"

Attached below includes the payment summary and other relevant information. I just want to know if this is a scam because they are asking me to pay them $100 however, I do not have that much money in my account. So could you give me advice on what to do?

image.pngimage (1).pngimage (2).png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tomgc
Community Member

It's 100% scame, Never do this kind of job, and who client says to contact on teligram for project never go, they will do kind of trap or fishing with your account or they will say to pay on their account.

after you paid they will not contact you.
Never trust them

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tomgc
Community Member

It's 100% scame, Never do this kind of job, and who client says to contact on teligram for project never go, they will do kind of trap or fishing with your account or they will say to pay on their account.

after you paid they will not contact you.
Never trust them

Community Member

So what should I do should I block them? Also, I need help with finding non scam jobs everytime I receive a job offer it is a scam.

tomgc
Community Member

Yes, always block them, while you find the job always check the client rating, how they are giving work to the freelancer, if they giving right project then freelancer rate the client and on upwork also shows the how many work done on this platform, so check client profile cearefully fist, then work.

if you are first time in upwork then ever pick-up first time upwork clien't first-time mean if clien't just signup, never done any work form upwork, and not rating by freelancer.

there are a lot of scamer wating for new freelancer to scame, the show you easy task or work and large money.

free freelancer need to always try to find client who already done minimum 3 porject.

and remember right client never ever will not say to pay for receive payment.

and again never receive payment form out of platform I mean only receive payment on upwork because it will be more safe and right client only pay on upwork.

6026eacb
Community Member

The same thing just happened to me!!! but this time the name of the bank is**Edited for community guidelines** . Idk where to make a report of this situation. be careful everyone!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths