🐈
» Forums » Support » I would like to report a scammer
Page options
andriy14
Community Member

I would like to report a scammer

Hi, 

I would like to report a scammer but I can't do it via our Upwork messages as he has blocked me.

Could one of your support agents please contact me via my email? I will provide all the details with screenshots. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Andriy,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. Could you please tell us more information about your experience with this client so that we can assist you accordingly? We'll surely have it reviewed and take action if necessary. 

We highly encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here

~ Arjay
Upwork
andriy14
Community Member

I received an offer from **Edited for Community Guidelines**with no project details. 

Job post here on Upwork is titled **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Kevil sent the “project content” and asked me to not send that to anyone else saying it was the confidential content of his company. When I tried to download that file on Mac I was notified that it contained viruses. 

He said that he was very busy to shcedule a call to discuss the project and that the file must be opened on Windows only. 

I've notified Kevin that I would report his suspicios activity and he immediately blocked me. So now I have no option to flag as inappropriate his profile. 

Also, when you check all his job posts, you will see he has already sent dozens of offers to other freelancers. And 0 hours tracked there. 

Hi Andriy,

Thank you so much for sharing those details. Just note that I had to remove some content from your post that included names of persons or other personal information, which isn't allowed in the Community.

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork Terms of Service. Please don't hesitate to continue to use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5411d6f9
Community Member

Ok i can

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths