🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

627 REPLIES 627

Hi Zakir,

It looks like your ID was denied and you've submitted it again today. Please allow one full business day for the team to review and follow up with us if more time passes.

~Andrea
Upwork
c9140510
Community Member

Hi!  I have the same problem. It says that it will only take a minute up to one business day but I'm still waiting for the verification results. Can you help me with this? Your response would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your message. The team will review and update your account as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It has also been one business day since I uploaded my ID for verification and it is still telling me it is under review and I have to wait for 1 business day.

Hi Elyas,

I have reached out to the team and they've confirmed that your ID is now verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
efe31f72
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hi 

I've submitted my ID for verification and now its more then 3 days, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. Because of this my project is also rejected

Thank you

Hi Abdul,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

please identification verification is taking too long.. i actually need for something very important

please its very important ....

Hi Kelenna,

Please allow one full business day to pass for the team to review your ID submission. If you haven't received an update by Monday please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
theastrolad
Community Member

In terms of hours strictly, it has been more than a business day by all means since I submitted my ID document for verification.

Location and visual verifications have been successfully verified, as shown in the screenshot.

Kindly look into it.

Hi Obaidullah,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and they've confirmed that you've ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0e195d7c
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I have the same problem. It's been 3 days since I sent my ID and visual verification. But it's still showing this "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day." Please help me resolve this. Thank you.

-Rafaella 

Hi Rafaella June,

I checked with the team and I'd like to confirm that the badge has already been added to your profile. You may log in and check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3c9fb6af
Community Member

Hey Joanne,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day."  Same with my visual verification. How long will this take? Please help me resolve this and thank you.

Hi Yossra,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
077a37e6
Community Member

I've submitted my ID for verification 26 hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day"

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process.

Thank You

Hi Asma,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should now be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as a confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2cadac58
Community Member

Dear upwork team! I am also having the same issue. My id verification is taking too long. Please have a look.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie Jane, 

It's been a while for me too, I've submitted my passport a few days ago and it stays verifying. Can you please help me out? 

Thanks

Hi Abdelrahman,

As Annie mentioned in her post, our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Please allow a few more days for the team to finish their review. You can rest assured they'll reach out to you if more information is needed. Thanks for your patience!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
iam_umarashraf
Community Member

Hello Team Upwork,

I've submitted my ID for verification a day ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Tomorrow is the last day to verify my identity. Here is the message showing on my home screen:

"Action required: Verify your identity by 08/19/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork."

Would appreciate an urgent response to this.

Hi Muhammad,

I've reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
91a850c9
Community Member

Sir since 3 days it is showing "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note Kindly  inform how long will it take ? 

Plz help out in this matter I wish to know my status for earning freelancer verified  badge Thanks 

Hi Areeba,

I can see that you've been communicating with the team regarding your concern via a support ticket. As one of the members mentioned, your account isn’t restricted anymore and you can get back to using Upwork as normal. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dreams411
Community Member

Hi there. Please I need help. I have until tomorrow to verify my account. I have submitted my details but it says "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

The problem is that I have less than a day. Please help.

Hi Ifeanyi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us more time to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf38d71b
Community Member

Hi!

Few days ago, Upwork started giving me the notification that I need to verify my identity before 28 August, 2022 or my account will be restricted.  I already did verify my identification with official government id card successfully a month ago against a request id which I can provide.

Nevertheless, I have been trying daily to verify my id again but it just doesn't complete and says:

"We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. Learn more."

I have tried multiple times with 1 day intervals but nothing happened so far. Last time I submitted more than two days ago and it is still verifying. Kindly, resolve this issue so I can keep submitting proposals and do my job carefree.

Regards.

Hi Hassan,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us 24 to 48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Team Upwork,

I've submitted my ID for verification a few hours ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Here is the message showing on my home screen:

Action required: Verify your identity by 09/04/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork

Would appreciate an urgent response to this

47652d42
Community Member

Hello,

I've also submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take? @upwork 

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry if it's taking more time than the usual review process. Our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Please allow our team 24 to 48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. If our team requires additional information from you, they will reach out to you directly. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ec4ab1e1
Community Member

Hi team Upwork

I've also submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take? @upwork 

Hi Muhammad,

Our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for Replying AJ It's more than 48 hours and I didn't received any other email from Upwork regarding verification. How much more time it'll take to complete the verification process 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

I apologize for the delay, as our team had to look into this for you. Please know that your verification has passed, and you now have the verified badge on your account. 

Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
4e70fd5a
Community Member

Hi team Upwork,

I have the same issue and also I didn't receive any other email from Upwork regarding verification. How much more time it'll take to complete the verification process?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

Hi Abdul,

I have checked your account and it looks like you haven't submitted your ID for the verification process yet. You can proceed by hitting "Continue" on the page you shared. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you regarding your concern about not receiving an email notification for the ID Verification. You can access your support ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4e70fd5a
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I hope you are doing great.

I have submitted my ID for the verification process as you can see in the screenshot that I have attached. 

but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

You can see it in the attached screenshot. Please review this.

Waiting for your assistance.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths