🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

616 REPLIES 616
4791909e
Community Member

Hi,
The issue has solved! Thank you for assisting me.

Sincerely,
Shuvo Baroi
bbe2eaa0
Community Member

Hello support team,

I've submitted my ID for verification 5 days  ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. 

Could you please help me check!

Hi Tin,

I'm sorry that you haven't received a follow-up on your pending verification. Know that due to an increase in the volume of ID verification submissions, there will be a delay of up to 72 hours and yours is still within that time frame. Kindly allow more time for the team to get back to you. Your patience is greatly appreciated! 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bbe2eaa0
Community Member

Thank you for your info Luiggi!

0d529091
Community Member

Hello! I submitted my id verification as required for two times now and have not been approved for two weeks . The due date was yesterday for that. Am ı doing something wrong? can you help me please, thanks! I can also do a zoom call if thats necessary. I need that verification 🙂 

Hi Yigitcan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

thanks!

Hi there,

I've submitted my id verification couple days ago, and it still not verified yet, an upwork team member already reached me and told me that my photo don't match my upwork account details and needs to be updated.

Unfortunately, my upwork profile photo can't be updated but instead, it keeps telling me to verify my ID.

Please how can you provide me some help to complete this step.

Regards to the team

Dave Vilpigue 

28ffb5b3
Community Member

Hello Upwork!

I received the email to verify my ID 4 days ago, and I did, than I was told it would take 1-3 business days to complete the verification, it has been 4 days now and still no verification.

Would I be blocked form the platform if it's not verified after 7 days?

Hi Tosin,

If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
28ffb5b3
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

That's the thing, I have sent my details but it hasn't been approved for about 3 days now, what can I do?

2f556578
Community Member

Same issue is happening with me too. I have submitted my passport as my ID, and it has been almost 4-5 days, the verification has not been done yet. I am confused. It will be a real help if someone can help me with that. 

I noticed this is a common issue in the community, even when Upwork team states it will take an additional 72 hours, it is taking even long.  I have proposals out and working with a client and don't want Upworks lag to affect my ability to work.  Please update me on the status of my identifiy verifcation, as I have completed all steps but still showing pending.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2f556578
Community Member

I appreciate your reply to my concern, Nikola! But it has been almost one week that I have submitted my ID document. If the verification gets delayed after 11/17/2022, will I be able to verify it again? 

Hi Sradhanjali,

I've escalated your concern to the team. Our team has reviewed your ID, and you will be notified accordingly by our verification team once you are required to complete the visual verification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
91d6c4d6
Community Member

hello,
I hope you are okay, I am facing an id identification problem for a few days 
I am already working on a new job ,  fear I lose it 
this is the message that appears to me
"Action required: Verify your identity by 03/18/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork

"
I have tried to send my id several times, also my image I don't know what is the problem, this is me and my id how you can't verify me 😥

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Upwork account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I submitted my document for my ID verification.

I am facing an id identification problem for a few days 
"Action required: Verify your identity by 04/26/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork"

this is me and my id how you can't verify me 

a60c5602_0-1682225316485.png

Hi Patrick,

I have followed up with the team handling your request and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Go to your email then check if code was Delay j

You guys are saying it will take extra 72 hours but could you please define the meaning of 72 hours? because its about 15 days almost half of the month and I didnt get my ID verification done! its really not fair!

Hi Nikola,

My ID verification is due tomorrow and it's more than 3 business days now and I don't want to lose all of my active proposals as Upwork put the accounts on hold if the account is not verified yet. Is there any way to expedite my ID verification as it's November 24, already tomorrow? 

Thanks!

Hi Jessa Mae,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I took a closer look at your account and I can confirm that your ID has been Verified. You should be seeing your ID Verified badge on your Profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab59f834
Community Member

Hi, I sent ID Verification a 5 days ago. But 5 days passed and I didn’t receive verification. Can you help?

Hi Oktay,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

I’d verifications is when you applied for the above required payments tru get paid you will be getting notified by your Id approval certifications.
D
fdd2c982
Community Member

Hi,

In my case, response is expected within 24 hours but still no message or e-mail has been sent to me. Can someone help me check my verification status?

Hi Renz,

Thank you for following up. As Nikola said, there's a higher volume of requests than normal hence the delay. Please allow up to 5 business days for the verification to be completed.

~ AJ
Upwork
b3f72452
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I am experiencing the same problem where it says that the verification process should take 1 business day but it has been more than that. I am worried that the same is going to happen with my ID verification, which usually takes a bit longer. I want to verify my account as soon as possible, so I would appreciate an urgent response to this issue.

Thank you

I would appreciate a response to this.

Hi Ana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and they will review your verification as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5d7258a2
Community Member

Hello, I am having same issue. It says the verification might too 1-3 business days, but it has been 4 days since I sent my ID. Please give me updates about the verification, I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much

Hi Rieziq,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Upwork account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a8876f0d
Community Member

Hello Nikola S,

I am experiencing this problem for 3days. I think it should be reviewed. Would appreciate urgent support.

Hi Kyaw,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
c0f31555
Community Member

Hi, I verified my Identity 2 days ago and it was successfully verified, my location hasn't been yet because customer support is still reviewing my documents, today upwork send me an email saying my account will suspend within 24 hours if I didn't verify my identity ! , what should I do? 

Hi Esmail,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

I submitted my document for my ID verification.

I am facing an id identification problem for a few days 
"Action required: Verify your identity by 04/26/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork"

this is me and my id how you can't verify me 

Hi Patrick

I can see that your review is still in progress. We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
e2ce769c
Community Member

Good day! I just want to ask how long will it take for my id to be verified? I just uploaded my id and selfie yesterday

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths