🐈
» Forums » Support » Id verification taking too long no response
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,778 REPLIES 1,778
ee218722
Community Member

Hello,

I received a notification that I needed to verify my ID, so I went ahead and did so. I have been waiting for almost 24 hours to get it approved since I have a deadline for tomorrow and need to accept the offer ASAP, which I can't do unless my ID is verified. Could you please look into it? This is frustrating!

Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. To complete your verification more efficiently, you can refer to the tips section on this help page.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi

I have been waiting for 2 days now to get my ID information verified. I have raised the issue here again but have not received any help. Could somebody please help? I have a pending offer with a deadline for tomorrow that I need to accept and can't do so unless my info is approved because the "accept offer" button has been grayed. 

I need help! @support

Hi Yvonne,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. I can see that your submission is currently being manually reviewed. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed; the relevant team will contact you directly if there are any issues with the documents you submitted. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
432663d0
Community Member

HI,

RECENTLY I AM TRYING TO PURCHASE EXTRA CONNECTS . BUT THEN I FOUND A NOTIFICATION, WHICH I ATTACHED, AND IT SAYS TO VERIFY MY ID WITH A GOVT APPROVED ID CARD.HOWEVER, WHEN I CLICK THE GET STARTED BUTTON FOR ID APPROVAL, I FOUND 2 OPTION ,

OPTION 1: I ALREADY SCANNED USING MY MOBILE, BUT IT SENDS ME A LINK USING WHICH I JUST LOGGED USING MY GMAIL ACCOUNT IN UPWORK, BUT THERE IS NO ID UPLOAD OPTION, AND IT BASICALLY TAKES ME TO THE SAME PAGE, AND NOTIFICATION REMAINS OPEN, NOTHING HAPPENS.

OPTION - 2 - USING WHICH I ALREADY GAVE THE PHONE & SELECTED  THE COUNTRY & UPWORK SAYS THAT IT SENT ME A MESSAGE IN MY MOBILE BUT I DIDNT RECEIVE ANY ???

I ALREADY PUT ALL THE DETAILS OF MY CARD BUT THE BILLING METHOD NOT ACVTIVATED DUE TO ID VERIFICATION.PLS HELP ME SOLVE THE 

REGARDS,

ARIF

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

sanstar
Community Member

Please active your Credit card for internation transction then you can renter card information after 24 Hours.

You can do   Log in to Internet Banking > Click on 'Cards & Loans' > Click on 'Credit Card' > Click on 'Manage your card' > Select Credit Card Number > Under 'Manage Credit Card Usage' click on 'Edit' > Enable International/Online/Tap & Pay transactions> Enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number to complete the process.

40fe494e
Community Member

I've taken a photo of my ID card but it keeps getting rejected. All the data is clearly visible. 

How can I ensure that my verification is successful? Is there a place where I can send it for personal verification?

e6279106-67eb-47c6-bb05-27c9487af603.jpeg

Hi Megananda,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your account. I regret to inform you that there is no other way to send your document but to upload it on the ID verification page. I see that you have already uploaded the documents, please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
889c90ff
Community Member

Hello I can't verify my account 

Hi Opeyemi,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d6f0b6ab
Community Member

I have submitted my Government ID. But no response from Upwork. This make my account suspended and I can't apply for any job since week

Hi Ibraheem,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked your account and it appears that your account is already verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
ed0ca101
Community Member

Hello community

I expect to receive my verification once i submitted my ID to the verification process, but after around 48 hours, i still dont receive the verification. So, i was asking myselft if is the normal time required (because the process dont clarify how much time it can take) or maybe i need to do some adjustments or there is a issue with that?

Hi Roberto,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because your ID document was expired. Please try again using an unexpired ID document. You can refer to this help page for the list of acceptable documents.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Good morning @PradeepH

I am facing similar problem, I was asked to "Appear on camera" but no link to this video call is nowhere to be found 🙂 If you could guide me that would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Dan

Hi Daniel,

I checked your profile and it appears that you have already managed to upload a selfie. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Yes, the first time I uploaded an expired document by mistake, I corrected it and upload a new document that is current, but I still no receive the authorization around 1 week ago. Can you help me to know what is happening, please?

2f33b210
Community Member

my national id got refused every time i submit it

Screenshot from 2024-04-25 14-55-25.png

Hi Amr,

This is happening because your profile photo doesn't meet Upwork's requirements. Please ensure that the photo you upload is a clear picture of yourself, headshot-style, not a long shot, and that your face is clearly visible.  Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.

Once you've updated it, you can try uploading your ID again from the Identity Verification settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
hunzalamushtaq
Community Member

Hi this is hunzala 

I've uploaded all the required and valid document for verification it's been 2 days no response from Upwork regarding the verification status. How to know what's the id verification status? 

Thank you 

It may take longer time to verify the uploaded document but i suggest waiting for five business days and if nothing happen contact your support team to see co!money ways to fix the problem.

Thanks for a reply!  i have a job in progress. and also i cannot even apply to other jobs. 

Well it would be better to finish the job to avoid overstress if more ofers come but if you are the type that can handled more than one job I suggest visiting find work under your profile home page and send a few proposal to  get more chances of getting hired for another project.

i can't send new proposal. Apply Now button is disabled. 

Then I suggest  you next time you send more proposals to get multiple job offers and you can be working with more than one client but i suggest that you finish your previous job before you apply for a new one since it doesn't work in an ongoing job.

e14f1745
Community Member

The same with me. 

I sent the document photos and the selfie, receiving the successful delivery. But if still not accepted.. The app is still complaining that the ID was not verified. Contacting support the AI assistant said me that I should wait 3 more days.. That time was passed and my ID is still pending. I don't think that sending again will solve the problem. The photos are clear and sharp. I need human assistance.

Hi Anderson,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. You can try uploading another document from the Settings page. You can refer to this help page for the list of acceptable documents.

- Pradeep

Upwork
0f30a65d
Community Member

Hello, I have a problem verifying identity. Once I select the verify identity option from the PC, a page appears with two options 1 QR 2 send a text message to my cell phone. When I scan the QR from the cell phone or send the message, in both cases the page opens from the cell phone and it sends me back to the same page with the 2 options without being able to advance.

Can somebody help me?

Hi  Agustin Francisco,

We checked your account and saw that you already earned the ID-verified badge. You may log into your account and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
af957ad8
Community Member

Could you assist me, I haven't received the email from Upwork for Identity verification.

I don't seem to have received my free monthly connects. Kindly assist

Same here i have a related issue upwork identity verification support team kindly review pls

Hi Isabel,

We checked your account and see that the monthly Connects have already been added. You can check them here. As for your ID-verified badge, we're happy to let you know it has already been added to your profile. Please log into your account to check.

~ Joanne
Upwork
hunzalamushtaq
Community Member

Same thing happening with me.

Hi team can you please assist me regarding identity verification I haven't received email from Upwork regarding anything about identity verification. I have uploaded cnic and photo. but no response from Upwork 

Pls help me out. 

Hi Hunzala,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cd24dc0d
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having a problem and I really appreciate that you care about me!

Let me tell you about myself, I'm new on Upwork. I've been trying to verify my identity to gain trust as a new member. But I've had trouble because my ID card is not accepted, even though the details match perfectly.

I need your help!

Thanks for reading.

Hi Lê,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Upwork Team

I am writing to address an issue I've encountered regarding the identity verification process. As a newcomer to Upwork, I recently received a request to verify my identity.

Despite multiple attempts, I have not been successful in getting my ID card and portrait photos accepted. I have diligently submitted the required documents several times, yet they have not met the verification criteria.

I am reaching out to seek your assistance in resolving this matter promptly. Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated, as it is crucial for me to proceed with utilizing Upwork's platform for freelancing opportunities.

Thank you for taking the time to review this email. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution of this issue.

Best regards,

Lê Chí Hào

d9873c3d
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team, I am writing to request assistance with an ongoing issue regarding my ID verification status. I have completed the verification process multiple times, but my profile still indicates that verification is required. As a result, some of my services are on hold.

This issue is significantly hindering my ability to apply for jobs on the platform. Potential clients may be hesitant to trust me due to the unverified ID status.

I have attempted to resolve this matter through the AI chat support, but unfortunately, it has not provided a solution or offered forwarding to a human representative. Additionally, I have not received any updates regarding my ID verification via email as well.

I would be grateful if you could investigate this issue and expedite the resolution. Please let me know if there are any further steps I need to take on my end. I am available to provide any additional information needed.

Thanks

Hi Azam,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d9873c3d
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR, thank you for taking the matter into account. Yes my ID has
been verified and it is visible on my profile as well but the notification
for ID verification and ''some services on hold'' is still there. Can you
help me with this?
Really appreciate your help 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths