🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification - UAE residence - Syria...
Page options
67d6c230
Community Member

Identity Verification - UAE residence - Syrian Passport

Hello team,

Hope you're well, 

I'm currently facing an issue with my account. I have a Syrian Passport, and I've seen that Upwork doesn't accept Syrian Passports, however, I'm waiting to get my Emarites ID in December.

I currently have a contract with a company in UAE, and we want to switch to Upwork, the contract has been active for almost 2 months now. Can I verify my account using my passport, and when I receive my Emirates ID I can verify again if needed?

I want to take the right action in this regards to have a flawless experience and so I can use upwork for upcoming projects as well.

Thanks in advnce, hoping to solve this issue.

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Haidara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that Syrian Passport can be accepted for Identity verification, but for location verification you need to provide one of the documents mentioned here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
67d6c230
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Hope you're well,

I uploaded my passport now for verification, however I coudn't find "Syria" in the country list, so I choose UAE since I live there now.

Is it okay to proceed with this? Please let me know if any other actions are required or if we can join a quick call.

I'd like to sort this issue as soon as possible and I really appreciate your support.

Thanks again.

Hi Haidara,

Since you are in UAE now, you can choose UAE as your country and proceed with uploading your passport.

- Pradeep

Upwork
67d6c230
Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for the update. However, I was checking the status of my verification today, and it said it didn't go through, and I have to re-upload the image of my Passport again.

Now the status is back like this - under review.

Did I miss something or is it normal to get to not got through the first time?

Thanks for your help.

Hi team,

I just received this again - can you please help me understand the reason behind this?

Thanks

Hi Haidara,

I checked your account and I see that your ID is already been accepted and our team is reviewing your documents for Location verification now. They will update your account within 1-3 business days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
67d6c230
Community Member

Hi team,

Hope you're doing well,

My PayPal account is Danish, and I'm currently in the UAE; I already signed up for PayPal in UAE with my UAE information, but it will take some time to activate. Can I use my friend's PayPal to withdraw my balance until the issue is resolved?

Currently I have my Danish PayPal conntected, I have no connection to Denmark other than my PayPal account, if i use it will I pay taxes for Denmark? Can you please advise on how to proceed with this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Haidara,

You won't be able to use another person's bank account to withdraw your earnings. Your verified name must match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use, including any middle names, family names, or special characters. You must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths