🐈
» Forums » Support » My account is on hold and I can't submit a ti...
Page options
5cb59c16
Community Member

Identity Verification

Hi Team, 

Today I got my Identity Verification tab in my settings, I have a few questions: -

Q.1) I don't have any last legal name so how are you guys gonna verify my Identity?

Q.2) In my UpWork profile, my current name is "Tushar Sharma", but legally I don't have a last name so what should I do next to get my UpWork Account Verified?

Q.3) My last name in my UpWork profile i.e. "Sharma" is used by me because it was required by UpWork account registration

Let me know your thoughts on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tushar,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,385 REPLIES 2,385
27a4ce7c
Community Member

Good day,

I created a profile already 4 months ago, wrote a detailed description, uploaded a lot of complex project examples in the portfolio, no less than other freelancers, ordered a PLUS plan, sent proposals, but I do not get any interest from clients. And I noticed that similar freelancers from my country earned only those who have an identity verification badge.

1. Would I get identity verification when I earn something?
  2. Do I need to have an identity verification badge to attract clients?
  3. What conditions are required to be eligible for identity verification?

Because without identity verification I don't see the point of using "Upwork". What haven't I done yet?

Sincerely,

Šarūnas

5547a9d7
Community Member

Hello. I just recently submitted an ID for the identity verification. I feel worried that it might get rejected. How long will it take to verify? I badly need to get my account verified because I have a contract with my client as of now. Please help. Thank you.

847e3a32
Community Member

Kind regards.

I created my Upwork account last Thursday around 12:00 AM. I submitted my driver's license as an ID document. However, since then my account has been on hold. It usually takes Upwork 1-2 business days to complete the ID verification process and provide a response. However, more than two business days have already passed (last Friday and this Monday). So I thought I should contact Upwork Customer Support. However, when I try to contact customer support by submitting a ticket the page is blank.

Since I could not find a way to contact customer support I am writing this post. I should have received a response from Upwork about veryfing my ID today. However, that has not been the case and I think the hold will stay for longer if I don't do something. Otherwise, I will be unable to apply or accept job offers which means Upwork would become completely useless to me.

I hope this issue is resolved soon.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Jose,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I see that your account is already restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
8769368e
Community Member

I have had an upwork account as a client for years and have hired many resources during this time.

I had once again reached out to the forum to hire a resource and I was not able to do so as and was prompted to complete the ID verification process. I have already completed the process, yet my account shows under review. How can I expedite the process?

Hi Aqueel,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I see that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hey  Pradeep H

its been around 3 weeks that my identity verification is under the process it always shows as Some of your services are temporarily on hold but why ? I have submit my id card as well please do it as soon as possible!

Khalil ahmad-

Hi Khalil,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello community. I need help ASAP!

I was asked to verifyy location. I have been sending different formats of my visa card in Oman and I keep getting the unverified message. Can someone please provide me with some suggestions on how to solve this as the 7 days time for verification is almost up!

Hi Yonma,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you!

72a0b033
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either, what is the problem please help me to pass verification.

Thanks

Regard

Azhar Iqbal

Hi Azhar,

Thank you for reaching out. It doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. 

~ AJ
Upwork
hassanmuhammad80
Community Member

I am Muhammad Hassan, 5 days ago I have changed my name on Upwork as Muhammad Hassan Ansari by mistake. it causes id verification issues and till then I have been generating tickets and submitting my ID that has my name as Muhammad Hassan.

but when I am going to submit ID system is showing my name as Muhammad Hassan Ansari.

and now I wanted to rename my name as Muhammad Hassan.

But still do not have a solution. can any support member connect with me on live chat to resolve this issue.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I have given sufficient time to the team to provide me support about this issue. but there is still no one connect with me to resolve my issue and i am still facing the same issue.

even 10th october is the last date to verify my identity as per notice on the top of the page.

please support me about this issue.

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Pradeep,

But there is an issue. Support member on that ticket is not responding since 5 days. You can check.

Kindly ask them to respond

acccdd9a
Community Member

Hi, my ID is not verified yet. I am seeking support for this issue. In my profile settings, there is no ID verification option. So, please give me some suggestions, so that I can verified my profile as soon as possible.

Regerds 

Israt Jahan

Hi Israt,

You're not seeing the option on your Settings page because you're not required to complete a verification yet. Once the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
73468c34
Community Member

I made my account in may 2020 but my account got rejected in ID verification. Now i have decided to start freelancing again but i can not see an option for ID verification. i am able to submit proposals and do everything else but i am unable to find the option to verify my id. I know it is below privacy and security in setting option named as Iddentity Verification but I can not find that option to apply. So how can i apply for my id verification?

You cannot. Start working as-is. You will be asked for re-verify later.

aa76561e
Community Member

Hello Upwork team!

I passed the identity verification, but in my account profile is still warning that this profile is no longer available. I do not understand, what the problem is.

Please cheek my profile and solve the problem, thanks!

Sincerely,

Waseem Anjum

celgins
Community Member

Your profile is available.

celgins_0-1696592947958.png

Hi Waseem,

Thank you for your message. I see that your account is already restored now. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
macs1104
Community Member

I joined a while ago, but have had issues with verification. That appeared to solve itself until I tried to submit a proposal. I got a notice that "This link is expired" and appears on every attempted proposal I try to submit. 

Hi Matt,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
320909eb
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Trust you're good.

Kindly see to my account as I've been asked to submitted documents for verification, which I've done but yet to be verified. Looking forward to resolving this as soon as possible.

Thanks and do have an exciting time.

Hi Opeyemi,

Thank you for uploading your documents. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review your submission and update your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork
c2ce58d0
Community Member

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am facing with my Upwork account. Despite my attempts to verify my account, I am unable to find the necessary option in the settings to complete this process. I don't have "Identity Verification" option in my Settings.  I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter promptly. Please advise me on how I can complete the verification process or guide me through any necessary steps to ensure that my account is fully verified.

You may need to access your profile from a computer browser instead of your mobile phone.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Peter Jude,

I have checked your account, and it doesn't need further verification yet. Please remember that you cannot initiate the identity verification yourself, and cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions for completing your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
b7d54a06
Community Member

I have turkish letter characters in my surname. When I try to put my surname on contact info it eliminates the letters 'ı' and 'ş' , so i needed to enter my surname by converting the Turkish letters to English version.  I just completed my first job in Upwork and I need to enter my payment details. But I cannot enter my bank account details correctly since my bank account name is with Turkish characters. I cannot put my surname as it is written in my ID since the system doesn’t except these letters. Could you please help me with that? Thanks.

Try the English characters  instead.

For example "Gediz or Deniz , or Can, don't add the "á è... instead of writing them with Turkish characters.

Ms. Gizem, 

Please, take your passport, your correct name and surname in English are on the passport, and you can include them as same as written on your passport.

Your name and surname in English on your passport are the same as your bank account.

(If you solved your problem with this solution, please, give this reply solution status)

Tural Babashov
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Gizem,

I can see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team via a support ticket regarding your ID verification issue. Kindly give our team 24-48 hours and you will get an update on one of your tickets here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
crazy_life_arts
Community Member

Hi I logged back into my upwork account and I need to change my profile picture for the verification process

I only have 5 days remaining

Please help me its urgent

I have tried different browsers and clearing cache but nothing is working

The picture is clear and meets the guidelines as well

Help me out please

Hi Nayonika,

We understand you may have provided a picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyway. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

I think you have to do it with your mobile camera. It won't work just by uploading on a decktop PC. 

c3309140
Community Member

Hi upwork, I am having some issues. Last week i submitted my only National ID, Your team reviewed it and approved it, saying That in the next 24hrs my account would be active. It has been more than 48 hrs, then they sent another message saying " Upon performing a second review. We are unable to verify the previous ID provided and we would need you to submit an alternate Gov't issued ID". That ID was the only Id i had.

I have been stressed OUT because of verifying ID for more than a week.

Soon my account would suspended..

Pls do something

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths