🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account Verification Issue
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,242 REPLIES 2,242

Hi Nicole,

We checked with our verification team and they have confirmed that you will need to check the following:

• The mobile browser is set to Desktop view. To fix this you need to go to settings and switch to Mobile view.
  • Also, you can complete the IDV directly from a mobile device.
  • It may also be possible that you are using a tablet such as an iPad, Ideatab, Galaxy Tab, etc., which is not supported by the IDV.

After checking, and you still experience the same issue, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

After receiving my first job offer, I received an email from Upwork about identity verification.

I clicked "Get Start" to verify, but when I scanned the QR code on my phone and logged in to the Google account I used for my Upwork ID, Google reported an error and blocked the link from Upwork. Please tell me how to verify my identity using a computer.

I hope you reply soon because I need to do more work on this platform.

Thanks a lot!ưp2.png

Hi Duyen,

We checked with our verification team and they have confirmed that you will need to check the following:

• The mobile browser is set to Desktop view. To fix this you need to go to settings and switch to Mobile view.
  • Also, you can complete the IDV directly from a mobile device.
  • It may also be possible that you are using a tablet such as an iPad, Ideatab, Galaxy Tab, etc., which is not supported by the IDV.

After checking, and you still experience the same issue, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
86dd3022
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I tried the methods you mentioned but it still doesn't work. I use an iPhone 6plus and can still browse the web normally, but only after logging in to my linked Google account is the web blank. I asked Google to confirm that the website violated the error and could not transfer personal information. Can you help me recognize my identity on my computer?

thanks a lot!
Duyen

Hi Duyen,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8c8e15a7
Community Member

Hi, I am new to UpWork and created my profile and also became a premium member. 

I could apply for 3 projects, but now, am unable to apply for any more. Enclosing the screenshot. 

Also, is this because my Profile is not verified yet? Its in the process currently. 

Your application suspended until you complete verification.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 2.36.26 PM.png

I submitted all documents and this is the stuatus. How long will it take to complete verification? 

ffd97a9d
Community Member

Can I please get help with this, I have tried both digital and paper but it keeps getting rejected and I don't know what to do

Hi Ashley,

We checked with our verification team and they  requested that you please submit an alternate governemnet issued ID such as electoral ID, DL or a passport. You can also check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ffd97a9d
Community Member

But I don't have any of those and to get a passport is going to take a long time, Is there a reason why NIN isn't being approved seeing as it's a legal identification document in Nigeria

Is there anything else I can do?

61f45632
Community Member

Good day Goran 

I'm a Nigerian having issues with my identity being verified

I've submitted the Nigeria national ID already but still yet my identity have not been approved 

Please help me look into it sir 

katianoel
Community Member

Hello, I'm having trouble with the verification. They had already confirmed my identity, and when I got my first job, they asked me to verify it again within seven days, to which I uploaded everything. A few days later, I checked the status of the verification, and it was marked with an exclamation point on the identification (not the photo), so I uploaded it again. A few hours ago, I checked, and again with the identification... I upload again. I just checked, and the exclamation mark is on both the identification and the photo. I don't understand; I even changed my profile picture to one where my face is more visible and my profile name to my full name (I didn't have my middle name listed). I don't know what to do, please help

Hi Katia,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with the verification process. I checked your account and it appears that your account is already verified now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6c9954c3
Community Member

How can I receive payment if I'm not ID verified? I have a job offer, but considering I'm not ID verified, how can I accept it? How long does it typically take to get verified? Has anyone here been through the ID verification process? How long did it take to receive the ID verification badge?

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for your message. I have reviewed your account and I did not find any pending job offers. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

- Pradeep

Upwork
9b1385b7
Community Member

I recently added my primary billing method but I used my Friend's card (with his permission of course). Then I got the prompt to verify my ID but the name of my friend is showing. I can't seem to change the name even though I changed my billing method to my card. Please let me know how to resolve this issue. If I put my friend's ID in verification, would that solve the problem? Upwork account and withdrawal method is in my name too.

Hi Moeez,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
546c5c76
Community Member

Similar to a lot of other people new to this platform, I cannot verify. Tried everything moderators recommended in other posts and none of it worked. Would be great if I could get some manual verification!

Have you  been asked to verifiy your identity?  They only ask after you have earned $$ as too many people never earn anything and it would be a waste of time and money to verify everyone.

Hi Minh,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the verification process. Would you please share more information about the specific issue you are having when you attempt to verify?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
546c5c76
Community Member

Sure thing! My connection is stable, but I run into an issue when uploading my passport and selfie verification. My app is up to date and I tried desktop on mobile as well, but it seems to require mobile browser to work.

Edit: I attempted one more time after clearing cache and cookies and it worked!

ab06ff74
Community Member

Hi Upworkers

. As I just created my account a few days ago, I want to verify my identity to submit proposals. However, it keeps showing "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue." everytimes I hit the "Get started" button. Been trying this for days.

Please help.

Dapo

Hi Dapo,

I'm sorry that you are having trouble completing your verification process. Could you please clear your browser cache and cookies, or use a different browser and try again? Also, when submitting your ID, please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b2e81d78
Community Member

Hello Support, 
As an individual who has been residing in the United Kingdom for up to 2 years and also planning to stay permanently, I possess a British resident permit and a temporary driver's license as my primary form of identification. However, I read that Upwork does not support these documents for identity/location verification purposes. 

Given my circumstances, I am unable to provide alternative forms of identification that meet Upwork's verification requirements and I've been asked to verify my identity.

Kindly request your assistance on how to proceed in this matter so I can verify my location/identity and bid for jobs in my current location.

Thank you!

Hi Blessing,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country. If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it's unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process, and you'll need to allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed. You can check out this article for more information on how the verification process works and which documents are accepted. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3cf27ce7
Community Member

Hi,

I've been trying to verify my profile identity and have the option to send a text message. I realize that my Messages app was muted and as such exceeded the text limit.

What do I do to get this fixed? Please respond.

My profile is Joshua Samson under Graphic Design.

Thank you.

Hi Joshua,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3cf27ce7
Community Member

Thank you so much. I'll be expecting.

42cf42fa
Community Member

Can't verify my identity using my Government ID card for submitting proposals tried around 7 times. Can the upwork people please help me with it.

24d7bef1
Community Member

I have submitted Id but shows only this when I am press Continue it shows this window again and angain

Hi Monika,

I see that you've raised a support ticket about your ID verification concerns. Please allow our team 24-48 hours; you will surely get an update on that ticket once your case is thoroughly reviewed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
790c086a
Community Member

I Can't submit my ID, another thing that I Can't submit proposals 

Hi Md Nazrul,

We understand how you want your ID to be verified as soon as possible so that you can start submitting proposals to potential clients. I can confirm that your submission is now undergoing manual review. Please allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed.

In the meantime, you can visit this article for more information on how the verification process works and which documents are accepted. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
6b5497c7
Community Member

I went through the verification process and submitted the required document and completed the selfie process. But my account is still showing "We've started a manual review". I am unable to connect to people offerring projects. Need help fixing this.

Hi Venkatesh,

I reached out directly to the team handling the review, and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can see the ID verified badge on your profile to validate the changes. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7c08056b
Community Member

Good day everyone, I am having issues getting verifed. 

My account was suspended, and I have tried resbummitring the required information multiple times. 

I sent in a ticket, but the response I was given wasn't much helpful. 

Is anyone in the Cental America having this probelm? 

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I see that you've been coordinating with the appropriate team about your ID verification concerns. We suggest that you continue communicating with the team through this ticket linked to your case or email; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7683ff0f
Community Member

Good Day,

I'm unable to see the option for Verify Identification in settings even though my account is 100% complete.
I hope someone can help me regarding this issue.

Hi Ryonel,

I've confirmed that your ID doesn't need further verification yet. The team will contact you when it's time for you to verify. The team will gladly assist you in completing the process. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths