🐈
» Forums » Support » Idle upwork contract
Page options
c3ac2e54
Community Member

Idle upwork contract

Clients hired me for some projects some are hourly and some are fixed price but work never starts and contracts are still open so does this effect my profile or does this effect my JSS on upwork ? 

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Nouman,

Thank you for your message. Having one or more open contracts does not affect your JSS. Your JSS is calculated based on the private and public feedback left by the client after ending a contract. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks pradeep and what about the contracts with no money being paid but still active

Hey Nouman,

They still won't affect your JSS. Only private and public feedback will have a direct effect on your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

Can you please explain this dear 

I have 40 reviews on upwork and recently 3 clients give me 4.2 review so my job success score fall down to 96% but 2 days ago i got 5.0 review public review and 10/10 private review on $50 job but now my job success score falls down to 93% why is that happening ? 

Hi Nouman,

I'm sorry but we cannot share any more info. Again, private feedback is private. We cannot tell you exactly which contract affected your score. But think of it this way, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS.

Four different Job Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

• Your average JSS during the past 24 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 12 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 6 months
  • And your “Trending JSS,” which we calculate by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then divide in half.

Note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time (up to 24 months), meaning good scores can also fall out of the calculation and replaced by those with lower scores.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear it's very complicated I can't understand can you please explain this to me in easy way

Hi Nouman, 

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Thank you. 

~ Bianca
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths