🐈
» Forums » Support » Illegal conduct by a freelancer
Page options
792c545e
Community Member

Illegal conduct by a freelancer

I've hired someone to do SEO and PPC and woke up today to security alert that he has added another user without asking, or permission to Google Ads account giving all access to credit cards!
He has also changed the password and phone verification on the email connected to it. Contacted the police but Upwork does not want to give the address of the person!

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Bianca, 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
792c545e
Community Member

There is no assitance actually. For all, I have asked the customer service to provide me with the address of the contractor so the police can quickly assess this, they refused citing 'privacy'. Asked for a supervisor, took 2 hours, she was all lost and confused also didn't know how to deal with situation.
The executive office reached out, not via phone and not urgently citing their Terms and Conditions as if they are not guilty for this. She also said that 'I should have been given the address'. 

Beware, your money is not in good hands with Upwork. Scary! And AJ, what was the point of your 'response'?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths