🐈
» Forums » Support » Incomplete Name in "Certificate of Earnings"
Page options
367f1af8
Community Member

Incomplete Name in "Certificate of Earnings"

Hey there, I'm facing an issue with my name appearing on Certificate of Earnings. It ain't showing my middle name which I need for opening a bank account. 

My name is : "Md. Hridoy Hosen." But on the certificate of earning, Its only showing "Md. Hosen"

I hope I'll receive assistent for resolving it. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
ArjayM

Hi Md Hridoy,

I have escalated your concern to the relevant team and one of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and please don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
367f1af8
Community Member

Waiting for assistance, Thanks

williamtcooper
Community Member

Go to Profile Settings and update your name.

I don't think thats how it works. I want my full verified name on the certificate, But It's not showing my middle name

johncuaycong
Community Member

Hi Upwork Moderators,

I have a related issue but it's a bit more puzzling than the OP's problem.

The first time I downloaded my Certificate of Earnings, everything was fine except that the address (one of the info indicated in the Certificate) still reflected my old home address. I had completely forgotten to change it, and I have moved a couple of times since then.

I proceeded to change the address on my profile, and it was accepted by the system readily.

I then tried to download a 2nd version of the certificate (this was just a few minutes after my first attempt), and it has my new address but there's a typo in my name (it's misspelled). This happened despite my not changing my name at all. Also, when I check my name using the My Profile or Profile Settings pages, everything seems fine.

A bit of context -- I also encountered a problem with my bank about 24 hours ago (Upwork's "beneficiary name mismatch" alert), but this was solved readily and I was able to withdraw funds about 30 minutes ago.

The problem regarding the misspelling of my name in my Certificate of Earnings, though, persists.

What can I do to correct what looks like an internal error with Upwork's data?

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
57def0b8
Community Member

Hi!

I updated my name in upwork, previously I didn't use the middle name in my profile, but for some documents purposes, I had to.

So I updated my name with my middle name as well, but my middle name is not showing in the Certificate of earnings,

Correct, the Upwork earnings certificate displays only your first and last names, omitting the middle name & that's fine. 

It's also possible this approach aligns with international standards of identification where the first and last names are often considered the primary identifiers.

Javed Aslam

Hi Ahmed,

I would be happy to help. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths