🐈
» Forums » Support » Invites outside UpWork after submitted propos...
Page options
b9afba30
Community Member

Invites outside UpWork after submitted proposal

Hello good people, I'm joining in with a question. Here's the situation. I submitted a personal written project proposal which took me 15 minutes to be perfect and cost me 45 connections and then I got this- "Kindly message me if you are interested in the job posting via telegram username 👇👇👇 @* ** *”. How do you approach this type of response? This is the second time it's happened to me, at the first time I withdrew the proposal.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I checked the job post you were referring to, and it seems that it's already been taken down because it violated Upwork ToS, and action has been taken on the client account.

Please remember that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications before the contract starts must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this help article and this thread for more information on staying safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

It is scam.

Report scammer then Upwork will delete jobpost and return connects to you.

I think I reported more projects than I received lol

b9afba30
Community Member

And of course 10 minutes later the job was removed....

2779bde0
Community Member

Whama-lama-scam-bam. These people think they are so smart. Good catch.

b9afba30
Community Member

Aye so many of them out there..

ArjayM

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I checked the job post you were referring to, and it seems that it's already been taken down because it violated Upwork ToS, and action has been taken on the client account.

Please remember that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications before the contract starts must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this help article and this thread for more information on staying safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b9afba30
Community Member

Thanks Arjay, I usually report when I see something wrong, but this time the the job post was taken down before I could react and this time I wanted to share it here first. For the future, for sure I will report them on time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths