🐈
» Forums » Support » Issues in Manual Adding Time
Page options
pauldomz01
Community Member

Issues in Manual Adding Time

Hi Everyone is anyone here having trouble logging manual hours?

Apparently this is happening to most of my projects! I already cleared cache and even used Incognito for this so I believe this is really an issue! 
I keep on getting the error "This time overlaps with hours you have already logged." even though I haven't logged anything on the week! I tried changing UTC/Mine time just to see if it helps but unfortunately it doesnt! I am trying to reachout upwork via chat message but I am just greeted with a bot with a repetitive message so I am hoping through this forums someone could atleast notice this issue of mine!

I look forward for your help!

pauldomz01_3-1690653246966.pngpauldomz01_4-1690653258399.png

pauldomz01_2-1690653237548.png

14 REPLIES 14
LuiggiR

Hi Paul, 

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your hours and contacting support. I've escalated your concern to the team; you can rest assured that one of our agents will contact you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
166dce3d
Community Member

I have the same problem... please help me

Hi Maria,

Could you please share more details about your specific case? If you could let us know which contract you are trying to add hours to, as well as the time segments you are trying to add, that would be helpful. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
wmasongsong
Community Member

Hello, this is also happening to me now. I am getting the same error. I am unable to add for Monday only and the rest is to no avail. I have 40 hours weekly limit. Can anyone help?

wmasongsong_1-1711222226164.png

Hi Wilfredo,

I checked and it looks like you have more than one active Hourly Contract. Please keep in mind that our system is designed in such a way that whether you track the time through the desktop app or you put in manual time on any contract, you will not be able to overlap time.

~Andrea
Upwork
jmshw0521
Community Member

I have precisely the same issue.

I see the Moderator, AndreaG, has indicated something about having more than one active hourly contract.  What does that mean regarding overlap time? Surely you are allowed to work more than one hourly contract?

jmshw0521_0-1711959646941.png

Jason S

JASON

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm Pradeep, stepping in for Andrea to address your inquiries. I want to clarify that you are permitted to have multiple active hourly contracts on your Upwork account. However, you can only log hours for one job at a time. In other words, if you have already logged hours for a particular job or a different hourly job during a specific interval in a day, you cannot manually log time for that same interval on the same job.

- Pradeep

Upwork
shaimarie22
Community Member

Hi, I have to clients, the other clients allowed me to manually add time, however I am Having This time overlaps with hours you have already logged." even though I haven't logged anything on the week. Please help

shaimarie22_0-1712617908682.png

shaimarie22_1-1712617925561.png

please help

Hi Sheila Marie,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you are having trouble adding manual time to one of your contracts. I checked your account and saw that you have other contracts. As Pradeep mentioned in this thread, you can only log hours for one job at a time. In other words, if you have already logged hours for one of your contracts or a different hourly job during a specific interval in a day, you cannot manually log time for that same interval. You'll have to check that you add the hours where they don't coincide with the hours you already logged.

~ Joanne
Upwork

That is obviously not the case. I attempted to log manual hours during my sleeping time, yet I still cannot log hours from 12 am to 8 am. Typically, I commence work at 9 am. Furthermore, if that were the situation, the rationale behind permitting Upworkers to possess multiple hourly contracts would be rendered moot. Why permit it in the first place?

shaimarie22
Community Member

Hi, I have two clients, the other clients allowed me to manually add time, however I am Having This time overlap with hours you have already logged." even though I haven't logged anything on the week. Please help

shaimarie22_2-1712618012781.png

shaimarie22_3-1712618022948.png

pedrotruiz
Community Member

Hi, this is happening to me also, and I have multiple contracts, but non have the times I am trying to add manually. I need help with this and your support system is not user-friendly to submit a request.

4ab612da
Community Member

Hi, this is happening to me as well. I have multiple contracts but the time that I'm trying to log doesn't overlap with any of my time logged on all my contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths