🐈
» Forums » Support » JSS Calculation Problem
Page options
5dda86e5
Community Member

JSS Calculation Problem

Hi,
My job success score dropped suddenly from %71 to %57. This happend in one day. I didn't get any job in this duration and I didn't have any active job. I don't understand why this happend. This situation will affect me while finding a new job and this is huge disappointing. If there is a problem it have to be solved immediately.

Can you help me? What is the reason of this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Mümin - Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a drop in your JSS.

FYI, The JSS is updated every 2 weeks.

The way it is being calculated is not fully disclosed by Upwork; to prevent potential manipulations.

But there are main factors that are disclosed to help you to roughly estimate the reason for the drop.

Here is how you can think of the JSS calculation, It is calculated for you in 4 windows; each focuses on the contracts you had at a specific period (3 Months ago, 6 Months ago, 12 Months ago, and 24 Months ago) and then gives you the Best out of them.

I have checked your profile and It looks like the Newest contract you had was closed in June 2022, and you didn't receive a very good review on that one; This means that the best JSS calculation you have now is the 24-month window that takes the effect of all the contracts you had for the last 24 Months only.

This means that the last update of the JSS has dropped a couple of contracts (4 Contracts) that you had more than 24 Months ago, which you received great reviews on. Unfortunatlly, these contracts have no longer any effect on your JSS moving forward.

So given that you didn't have any recent contracts, AND the Newest contract feedback was not so good (3.5/5); So the current JSS calculation has the effect of the same number of negative contracts [1] + fewer positive contracts [3]

(Due to the contracts that were older than 24 months [4])... That's why this Drop happened to you.

Unfortunatlly, you may expect to have another drop in the next update because a 5th contract will drop out of the 24-Months Window since it was closed on Dec 17 - 2021.

So, What do you need to do now?!

All you need to do is to try to land more contracts and to try to do your best to receive nice reviews on them. Hence your JSS will get a good Boost.

You can find more details about the JSS calculations Here .

I, genuinely, wish you the best of Luck!

AND... much love to all the People from Izmir😊

Youssef

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Mümin - Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a drop in your JSS.

FYI, The JSS is updated every 2 weeks.

The way it is being calculated is not fully disclosed by Upwork; to prevent potential manipulations.

But there are main factors that are disclosed to help you to roughly estimate the reason for the drop.

Here is how you can think of the JSS calculation, It is calculated for you in 4 windows; each focuses on the contracts you had at a specific period (3 Months ago, 6 Months ago, 12 Months ago, and 24 Months ago) and then gives you the Best out of them.

I have checked your profile and It looks like the Newest contract you had was closed in June 2022, and you didn't receive a very good review on that one; This means that the best JSS calculation you have now is the 24-month window that takes the effect of all the contracts you had for the last 24 Months only.

This means that the last update of the JSS has dropped a couple of contracts (4 Contracts) that you had more than 24 Months ago, which you received great reviews on. Unfortunatlly, these contracts have no longer any effect on your JSS moving forward.

So given that you didn't have any recent contracts, AND the Newest contract feedback was not so good (3.5/5); So the current JSS calculation has the effect of the same number of negative contracts [1] + fewer positive contracts [3]

(Due to the contracts that were older than 24 months [4])... That's why this Drop happened to you.

Unfortunatlly, you may expect to have another drop in the next update because a 5th contract will drop out of the 24-Months Window since it was closed on Dec 17 - 2021.

So, What do you need to do now?!

All you need to do is to try to land more contracts and to try to do your best to receive nice reviews on them. Hence your JSS will get a good Boost.

You can find more details about the JSS calculations Here .

I, genuinely, wish you the best of Luck!

AND... much love to all the People from Izmir😊

Youssef

Hi Youssef! I've just found out that my first JSS is just 64%, which is incorrect because I have only 5-star reviews, but I had 2 contracts with one client that were successfully completed but the client ghosted and doesn't answer my messages anymore. He left no review as well, which affected the score. Could you please clarify what I can do with that? Thanks in advance

Hi Mykyta - Please bear in mind that there are many factors other than the Public Review that affect your JSS, for instance, the Private Review has a higher weight as well as the contracts with a larger budget.

So, unfortunately, one or more of your clients might have given you bad private feedback.

By the way, if the client left no review, this does not affect your JSS.

So what you could do is try to get more contracts and do your best to recieved good reviews on them, this way you would boost your JSS.

Best wishes,

Youssef

Thank you for your insights, Youssef.

A Pleasure, Mykyta!
Wish you the best of luck! 🙂

5dda86e5
Community Member

Thank you Youssef, I didn't know the 24-Months Window. This happened unfortune.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths