🐈
» Forums » Support » Keeping it simple for new comers on Upwork
Page options
068c3828
Community Member

Keeping it simple for new comers on Upwork

Upwork could become the top rated freelancing web site on the internet and to make it simple for new comers to navigate their ways is crucial. The user information on the web site is rich and can be overwhelming so that new users could spend days,  instead of hours, setting up their accounts. How can the information meant to lighten the task of account setting become a burden? When there are no hover tips on buttons and links, new users can get lost in a maze of web pages.

As a new comer, there are two problems I encountered setting up my account.

First, when I uploaded my Linkedin profile and the pdf upload was deprecated, I deleted it with the intention of editing the source document and uploading again. On deleting the upload, the upload button was no longer available and there was no tip to guide me on what to do. I spent the whole day searching for how to re-upload the Linkedin profile without success

The second problem I encountered was on creating project portfolio. After completing "Add details" section and attaching the pictures, the "Go to preview" button was inactive. I spent several long hours trying to figure out what was lacking that the preview button was inactive. Hover tips on the buttons or submission error message could have saved a whole lot of trouble. To complicate the matter, web support is not available, unless one goes to the forum. So account set up that could have taken few hours to set ended up taking days, and Innovators don't link working that way

4 REPLIES 4
30ab4d7e
Community Member

hey thanks for your contribution. Are you in an authorised country ?

068c3828
Community Member

Yes, I am. I have successfuly set up the account, only trying to do updates

068c3828
Community Member

portfolio image.JPGportfolio image 2.JPGAttached is screenshots of the portfolio set up with the preview button inactive. Can't figure where I'm getting it wrong

759e32fa

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We understand this is not the ideal experience, especially for new freelancers who want to kick off their freelancing journey on Upwork.

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so one of our agents can get in touch with you soon to assist you.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we will take note of your feedback so we can improve your overall user experience. 

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths