🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Some of your services are temporarily on ...
Page options
d277beaa
Community Member

Know Your Customer

Hi all, I recently created an agency account. I haven't added anybody, but as soon as I created it, I am being shown this notification.
'''
We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

'''

So, kindly help me with this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

582 REPLIES 582

Hello, I am also suffering from the same issue. I am very much worried i have submitted the PAN card and Bank statement. But i dont have any company details how my account will start. 

I have been waiting for ID Verification for around 24 hours. I can't remember when I submitted my ID honestly and figure it must have been submitted a while ago because the page just says my documents are being reviewed. A hold was placed shortly after I created a job posting

My project is time sensitive and waiting longer will cost me more money to start up. Is it possible to get someone to help with this, please?

I can provide ID very quickly if needed but it looks like I already uploaded it.

khurram_sh44
Community Member

Hi I just received a notification that 

Some of your services are temporarily on hold.

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

I already have verifed my account. I tried to withdraw funds but my payment method which I've been using for long to get my payouts I earn from upwork was disabled too, With someone's suggestion on upwork comunity I firstly tried to re-enable but nothing worked and then I removed the payment mehtod and tried to add it again and I received the following error.

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us.

But, I didn't receive any email as well. Can someone help me out Please ?

Hi Khurram, 

I want to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us confirm that a user's identity is legitimate and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. In this case, the team is reviewing your account as part of our Know Your Customer (KYC) Identity Information process. Although it may seem that the methods are the same, they are for different purposes. 

If it has been more than 48-hours and your account is still being reviewed, you can come back here or contact the Customer Support Team directly to be assisted further. 
How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi There, it's been more than 48 hours since my some of services are on hold due to KYC process. It was written there that the KYC should be done within 24-48 hours and it's been more than 48 hours. Kindly let me know what should I do ?

Hi there, It's been more than 48 hours since I was said my account hold for KYC process and  hold will be taken off in 24-48 hours. Although my account had already been verified around 2 months ago and I've verified badge on my profile as well.  I'm unable to get paid or even I can't add payment method as well. Kindly let me know because more than 48 hours are passed

I'm facing the same issue.

hello upwork team ! I'm from Pakistan. Few days back I received to complete KYC process. I submitted my Valid ID card and Bank statement. Bank statement I received from Bank didn't have any my name and address mentioned on Bank statement. I contacted my bank and showed them the email with the requirement to be there on statement thus they added my name and my registered address on statement. I submitted the statement and next day I received an email that my account permanently suspended due to some materials are falsified or altered. I was able to login to my account etc but wasn't able to submit the proposal. Even I could work on my ongoing contract. I checked it but I didn't continue work for that day assuming my account is suspended so I should firstly resolve the issue with help of CS team so that client may not be charged unless the issue is resloved. Thus I contacted on my open ticket and gave them all the proofs which I had with me including screenshots of profile information of my banking app where it is clearly visible with my account number and my registered address and my name which exactly matches the name on my ID card and same information is reflected on my statement which bank issued me upon request. Till yesterday my account showed me the message that I can not complete ID verification due to suspension of account. Today I received an email and it was written there to resubmit the documents and I can also see the message is now changed it states "Some of the services are temporarily on hold". The response I received was 

Thank you for contacting us regarding your request to withdraw funds after your account was suspended for a Terms of Service Violation. We will allow an ID verification appeal. At this time we ask that you submit additional documents that would help us validate your identity.

But I didn't request for withdraw funds rather I provided all the proofs and reasons to justify my side to uplift the suspension of my account. The state of my account is same as it was on the first day I received notification for KYC process. I can submit proposals I can buy connects etc. My question is whether the documents requirements are to uplift suspension of my account or is this something different because I submitted all the proofs and video recording to the guys helping me on the ticket but I didn't request for funds withdrawls. Kindly help me out in this situation because I'm even ready to do any thing they requires me to verify my address. 

Hi Khurram,

We appreciate the follow-up. I can see that you've been communicating with our team regarding your concern and a support ticket has been created. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for further assistance and updates. You can check here or your email address for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b321645b
Community Member

Hello Avery, I want to know if someone doesn't have any company details and a registered firm then what documents they should provide to continue his/her work?

Hi Sapna,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please verify if this is for your freelancer or agency profile? Looking forward to your response!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Upwork Team!

I don't know if these are bugs. Firstly, chat support is not available for me. Also, I made a request but marked solved without any response, that's why I'm here. Also, top rated plus is not showing up on my individual profile and agency which was there for six months. Please check and help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. You've contacted our support team regarding your concern and raised a ticket. Please continue communicating with our team through that ticket so that you'll be assisted accordingly. You can check here or your email address for further updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c6e17384
Community Member

Hello Arjav, I am facing an issue of Know your customer verification when I opened a client account, I want to close my client account and use only my Freelancer account, what is the solution of it?

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie,

I am not receiving any reply from my support ticket, It's my request to kindly complete the Know your customer verification of my account, I am stuck in it. It's been more than a week since my account is on know your customer verification. 

Thank You

Regards,

Hassan Younas

Hi,

Same issue here. Any idea when will be solved? Thank you!

I am Facing a problem

We are completing a Know Your Customer review of your account. This process should be completed within 24 to 48 hours. If the hold on your account is not removed within 48 hours, please contact Upwork Customer Support.

My account is under review and it is saying that it will take 24 to 48 hours but 60 hours are spend and the my account is still under review...  I am also not be able to verify my identity due to this...

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
7f41f765
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am unable to see the Contact Support section from the bot and also the bot isnt helpful.

I am facing the same KYC problem and it isnt fixed yet even after the expected time being passed. i would appreciate your help ,Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about that. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for being so quick 🙂

88075ad1
Community Member

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. It's been over a week since the KYC began. Please can someone help enable my account?  

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
88075ad1
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

My account is still on the "Know your customer" review after 14 days , I have not received any reply from the support team. Please can you please guide me through the process how long it will take to receive a reply from the support team.

Hi Charlie,

Apologies for the delay in reviewing your account. I see that one of our team members is already assisting you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Why I got this message again. Please Help me...

Community Member

Please resolve this issue.

Screenshot_20230731-060507_Upwork Client.jpg

Hi Syed,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It's more than 48 hours no support provided yet. No response to my ticket. Even it's more than 72 hours now still waiting to be resolved.

3105a3ea
Community Member

OK done 

2109d9dc
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. My account is still on hold because of KYC for more that 4 days now. I need my account back as I am having a trouble in withdrawing my salaries. Please help me ASAP!! Thank you

Hi Katrina,

I've submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling the review. One of the members will contact you via email with more information about the status of your submission. Feel free to coordinate if you need further assistance and they'll surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d45b1978
Community Member

Hi Avery!

same is the issue with me and first i waited for approx 7 days for upwork to contact me but after that still no one contacted so i created a ticket in responce to which i recieved a mail from upwork to submit additional documents to verify my identity and i did the same and after 2 days i got an email from upwork that your identity verification has been completed and your account is verified but still the KYC pop-up is there and i can not purchase connects as when i try to do they say your account is still in verification and i opened a new ticket for it but now its been more than 2 days to that and still no one is reaching out or giving response, please help me out in this!

thanks

P.s: i created a client account on my current freelancer account and after that this all happened

Hi Fahad,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this process may have caused you. I've notified the team handling your case, and they've just recently shared an update with you regarding this. You can access your support ticket here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3b85befc
Community Member

Pleass solve This Problem 

Hi Abdul,

Apologies for the inconvenience experienced while we complete a review of your account. Please allow 24-48 hours for our team to review and restore your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
karinskold
Community Member

I wonder why Upwork doesn't just check the ID verification KYC before they make limitations to the account?

I mean if nothing looks strange with an account it should not be necessary to do these limitations and makes it more difficult for the freelancer. 

So, why not check the KYC before?

It just pops up on the account it is a KYC going on to verify the user. That's OK. But should be far easier if the control was done. And if it should fail then do these limitations...

Just thinking. And should make it all easier for everyone. And as I have been here since Odesk it makes me a bit annoyed, to be honest.

karinskold
Community Member

It was limitations today to my account. Which I had since before 2012.

Due to  KYC Knowing customers my account was limited today. And I could not pay.

I would think it would be better to ask for a new ID verification before doing these limitations. ( money and account)

Why not do this ID verification and if it fails or is delayed, then do the limitations on the account.

It's just a sign popping up..Not a very good experience.

karinskold
Community Member

I am writing again as it seems my posts disappear here..

Why can't Upwork do the KYC, (know your customer)  without putting some of the accounts on hold?

I mean if it fails then the account service could be put on hold. 

Been here for so long since Odesk days. Done ID verification, paid my fees, and all that.

I can understand this has to be done due to the law. But is it necessary to put it on hold before the KYC?

It feels so strange to me that the freelancer, the client, has no insight about what and when it will happen.

It's like you have no way to reach the right people either to solve the interruption. 

Freelancing is not easy and this is just so tiring. I think I am soon done here..

It is not respecting the account holder to limit the service before doing a control about the identity or whatever they do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths