🐈
» Forums » Support » Profile visibility Private
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Sufia,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. Please note that when your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
asiyafaqir
Community Member

Hello,

My account is private please update my Account.

Thank you

Hi Asiya,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mmt48
Community Member

Hi,

My profile has been set on Private for a while now, as I have not been active for a while. But recently I've been trying to get things going on by submitting proposals. I also have got an order and I've been trying to change this back to "Public".

Please I need this issue fixed.

Thanks!

Hi Muhammad,

Your profile visibility has been reset back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
stky24
Community Member

I have click the link to reset back my profile visbility to public since 8 hours ago and yet no changes has been made. Please advise me. 

Just adding my comment here - I've submitted the request twice in 48 hours and nothing has changed. 

Hi Sylvester and Nathaniel,

Your profile visibilities have been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
jhaireh
Community Member

Hi I submitted a request to make my profile public but it's been more than 24hrs. Can you please set my profile to public. Thank you

Hi Jireh Joie,

I have reset your profile back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
mrajib57
Community Member

Upwork set my profile private. I'm new. Now want to change it. Everytime I click reset Visibility it mail me to wait 4 hours. I waited almost 9 hour! Nothing happen.  What can I do? 

Hi Razib,

I'd like to confirm that your profile visibility has been reset back to 'public". You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b71184cc
Community Member

Dear sir, Now a days I am trying my best to get a job on upwork and today when I logged in a message popped up that my profile has been turned into private from public because i havent got any job on upwork yet.... its been just one months since I registered my account... please help me as 

Regards 

Muhammad Shakeel.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked with the team, and they have confirmed that your profile has been reset to 'public'.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello joanne , On the dashboard there is an option to switch a profile back to public but it doesn't work as soon as you click the radio button to switch back, the prompt box greys out and you cannot save your changes; This doesn't make any sense at all. I really don't see the need for the feature if it doesn't work and people have to come on here and literally complain. Please I would like my profile to be made public...i just discovered it was on private. i would appreciate that

Hi Leon,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while setting the profile to Public. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Alot for the support, my profile is now public

4084adc0
Community Member

4 days ago I change my profile to public and I get a message that it will take up to 4 hours to be changed. What is the problem. Moderator, will you help me?

Hi Filip,

Your profile visibility has been reset. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
webismail
Community Member

Hi, tomorrow I bought 20 connections but my profile is private yet. What I Do Now?

Hi MD I,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
hadiakhushnood
Community Member

My account is on private mode, Please update my account.
Thank you

Hi Hadia,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
faa3f11e
Community Member

I Am A Graphics Dsigner, I Want to Work Graphics And Data Entry 

Hi Bipul,

Thank you for your message. Could you please clarify your question further?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
04a0bae1
Community Member

?

Hi Elyn,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
diedinchi
Community Member

Hello!

I have been a freelancer on the Upwork platform for already 8+ years.
I have not been using it for the last few years.

Recently I became active again and already came up with my first big project.
So it means I went through all the necessary steps to bring my profile to public state - I made bids to different projects, I earned money, I tried to use the "activation link" from customer support for 5+ times.
All of my requests for activation are marked as solved, BUT THEY ARE NOT.
Nothing made me succeed in this annoying problem.

I need help. How can my profile become public again?

Hi Diana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
janfortes
Community Member

Hi - I've followed the intstructions on how to reset my profile. Also submitted a couple of proposals and still my acocunt is locked private.  I have been receiving the auto-email from Upwork about my request since September 1st and nothing has happened.

Please help.

Thank you

Hi Jan Michelle,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. For future reference, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
11e80a62
Community Member

Hello,
My account has become private. I have already sent the request to make it public, I received the email confirming that it will be done within 4 hours. But now, it's more than 24 hours and I would like Upwork to put my account on public.
Thank you,

Same problem for me.

Hi Lovatiana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Mamisoa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully set your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
bebe51d0
Community Member

Hello, my account is private please get it back to the public ASAP.

0e0cbd61
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support

Why my profile is showing private? Kindly make it public and so that I can continue work on it, beside it's not been 30 days since i created my profile

Also I need some tips to get the invitation. I am working hard to get the projects sending proposal to clients but not getting any single response. Can you please guide me?

Thanks
Hamza

Hi Muhammad,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that your profile visibility is currently on public status. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article. I hope this helps.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0e0cbd61
Community Member

Thank you brother 

b5815124
Community Member

Hi Andrea, can you help me please, setting my profile to public? The link works but my profile is still offline after days of requesting the change. Thanks very much, have a nice day !

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths