🐈
» Forums » Support » profile is still private
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Thanks for your support, Annie. Everything is sorted now

samrostom
Community Member

My account is private , need to be public account 

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
c305f820
Community Member

Kindly change my profile status as it is private and unavilable or Locked. Please convert it to Public.

Thank you

I have been trying to reset my account but i got a feed back that it was set on private because i have not been applying for jobs on this platform. However, i have been applying for jobs on daily. 

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a0b676f1
Community Member

HI,

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

when i select public there is no option to save, 

and meanwhile i have running project on upwrok,

any one help me here 

Happened to me a few months ago.  I had 2 open contracts but hadn't earned any $$ on them for a while.

Hi Abid, 

Did you go to the help pages?  If not, scroll down to the bottom of the page click on "Help and Support",  then scroll down to "Access your Account"  and click on "Reset profile visibility".  

kuba2290
Community Member

Hi Arjay

My profile is locked private, what should I do to make it public?

Hi Solomon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated back to public status. I can see that you've submitted multiple requests to reset your profile visibility. A gentle reminder, please refrain from sending several requests so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dac5a616
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community:

I am a new freelancer continuously looking for work on Upwork. I have been sending proposals but unfortunately haven't been able to get someone to any contract. 
Unfortunately, my account has been locked in private and is not visible to the clients. I request that you help me make it active and public so I will work accordingly.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Kamran,

Your profile visibility has been reset. For future reference, you can check this help article to learn why it can be switched to private. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9bf5ab44
Community Member

Hi,

My Profile is set to private and I'm not able to make it public from my profile settings page.  Any reason behind this?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Silvi

Hi Silvi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
rohidbd
Community Member

After a long time back to Upwork again. I was a Rising star on Upwork from this account once upon a time. When I was out of Upwork I spent the intervening times with good and bad, I missed the successful days of my Upwork. I want to focus on Upwork again but, the problem is my Upwork Profile Visibility has been privet. I hope everyone will pray for me and support me in my work for success in the coming day. thanks

paywell
Community Member

Hi, 

Click on "Find Work", you will be able to set the profile visibility to "Public" by clicking the "pen" symbol on the right side of the job post search screen.

Good luck!

screenshot.1616.jpgscreenshot.1617.jpg

Hi SHAIDUR,

I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
alex-demash
Community Member

Not changing my profile visibility. I sended request to support, but nothing changed. Thanks.

Hi Alex,

~ Nikola
Upwork
a4847ca8
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014db14c8c585faf7f?viewMode=1  its visibility changed to private automatically i requested upwork to reset my profile status kindly check this link or in next 4 hours

Hi Ghulam,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
854742ac
Community Member

Hi, 
My profile  was locked private please help me in making it public.

Regards.

Hi Fidelis,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
mightymich
Community Member

I want my account to be live again. Can you please work on it

Thank you.

Hi Micheal,

~Andrea
Upwork
01104d7e
Community Member

My Profile is set to private and I'm not able to make it public from my profile settings page.  Any reason behind this?

Your help is highly appreciated. Please kindly help me Upwork moderator to turn on the public on my Upwork ID.

Hi Suipruaung,

~Andrea
Upwork
tyblitz
Community Member

My profile is now private and I have been requesting for it to be changed back. But everytime I request it instantly says that my request is resolved but nothing changes. What should I do?

Hi Tyron,

~Andrea
Upwork
dclar282
Community Member

I know this is probably the one millionth post about this but has anyone else earned money, gotten good reviews, and still has their profile set to "Private?" I have earned $100 plus in the month since returning to work, have several ongoing contracts, a new five star review, and have my profile set to "Private." 

I have now reached out to Customer Support 4 times and nothing has been done. I am getting work by proposing myself but I would like to be visible to potential hires. 

Anyone else dealing with similar? Is there a rotating number of days when profiles go up for review? Any advice is appreciated. 

Hi Drew Edward,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
abubakr307
Community Member

My profile visibility changed to Private, kindly make it public as I have also submitted a proposal. The picture attached will show the status as solved but it is not solved yet.

abubakr307_0-1664520424754.png

Hi Abubakr,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ecd93ee6
Community Member

Dear Concern,

Please check my profile, is it in private mode or public mode? Please switched to public mode

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and can confirm your profile visibility is currently set to public!

~Andrea
Upwork
ecd93ee6
Community Member

Is it set on today? Or already set to public mode?

It was already set as public when I checked, Muhammad. 

~Andrea
Upwork
adimitrieski89
Community Member

Hello,
I have made several attempts and requests to the upwork support team to reset my profile from private to public but it is not happening. Can you help me with this.
In addition, I was not active for a long time and this happened, I know the procedure for contacting the support team to reset the profile, but after several attempts it is still the first profile. I will ask you for help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths