🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Why profile keeps resetting to PRIVATE ?
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865
c6fb5325
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

On 23 August I requested Upwork support to change my profile visibility from Private to Public.

Then I received a mail. They told me It would take up to 4 hours, Now it's 28 August but still, my profile visibility is Private.

Please help me.

Thank you

Sarafat

Hi Sarafat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is reset and visibility is set to Public now.

~ AJ
Upwork
3e0b2007
Community Member

I requested a lot of time for changing my profile visibility But this does not change yet. Now, what Should I do? Kindly help me Thank you.

Hi Rakibul Hasan,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this pageA gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
irumole
Community Member

I have the same issue with my profile. I left it for a very long time but I'm available now, please help

ArjayM

Hi Waheed,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this pageA gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
fe1d5d1c
Community Member

Hello Arjay, please can you do same for my friend? She has reached out since Thursday last week and nothing has been done. Here's a link to her profile: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

please let me know if you have further inquiries, thank you. 

Hi Kosy,

Thank you for your message. Could you please request the account owner to contact us here so that we can assist them directly?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your reply. I am the friend.

I have requested for an account reset from private to public for days now and there's been no reply.

I would appreciate if this would be resolved.

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork

@nikola, I hope you are having an amazing day.

my profile did got locked private again and i am not sure of the reason, can you please help me with this and tell me the reason so that i can avoid it in the future

Hi Umair,

Your profile is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

My profile is set to private and I am not able to make it public from my profile setting. I have requested for an account reset from private to public for weeks now and there's been no reply. I would appreciate if this would be resolved

1714d9a8
Community Member

Hi Nikola 

I mistakenly uploaded a wrong profile picture. Now I'm getting a notification for identity verify. Please help me out. My profile picture doesn't match with my I'd card. I recently join Upwork & in just few days I've completed my first project. Please it was just by mistake please help me to change my profile picture. Now I can't change my profile picture due to identity verification. I want to change my profile picture wanted to upload my own pic but I can't do that because of this verification. My profile picture doesn't match with my I'd card picture. What should I do now?

Hi, I got a job offer and I did the job. I have to deliver it to the client, but I cannot accept the offer because my profile is private. I sent an e-mail, asked for help, but this problem needs to be resolved right now. Otherwise I will lose the customer and my job will be wasted. Can you help me please?

coderwoman_0-1667489945089.png

Hi Lara,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
eadf3cf9
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I completed a contract and got an earning last week but my profile still keeps private. Please help to change it to public. Thanks.

Hi Drake,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
twinblade
Community Member

i keep paying to buy more CONNECTS and im currently working.

its getting MORE of an issue trying to find work now i realize im not getting my profile visibility to PUBLIC unless i keep asking for it to be visible in public every other week. why can't this just be stable at PUBLIC especially since im working because im earning anyway however little it is. ALSO i keep purchasing CONNECTS anyway even though some of these jobs do not respond and i do not get my connects back. i had to keep asking support to bring it back to public and only IF i noticed it has gone back to private.

how can i make this remain public while im working ?

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Arjay M 
Profile Changed to Private, please help me

Hi Anvar,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep. Can you please set my account too from private to public? I applied for jobs after some time of being inactive and I already appealed twice. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Valerija,

Your profile visibility has been updated as requested. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey, can you help me! My account is set to private. I have requested multiple times. But no solution has been provided by Upwork.

Please help me someone..

4d202657
Community Member

Hi Arjay M, can you please make my profile public? it is locked and it is private, perhaps I sent proposals 

Henock Adugna

Hi Henock,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4593acb9
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Just adding my comment here - I've submitted this same request in the last 48 hours of not being able to turn my profile to public and nothing has changed. Please assist fix issue

e436bcbf
Community Member

Hello, My account has been private because I wasn't using it before and i have tried resetting the visibility but it's not working. Please can you help me make it public. Thank you

Hi Olamide,

I checked, and I can confirm that your profile has been reset to 'public'. You may log in and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I hope you are doing great. I see my account is private from last few days. And i want to start work on my upwork account. Please help me to public my account. I will be really grateful.

Thanks

Hi Abid,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you so much.

3abba6fc
Community Member

Hello,

My Profile Is in Private Mode. I Need to Change It to Public or Only Upwork Users. but It Cannot Be Done. Like to Know Any Suggestions for It.

Hi Mohmudul,

Thank you for your message. Your profile has been set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f07ee1ee
Community Member

hello, Moderator my profile has been set private please make it public thanks

irumole
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have the same problem and I have clicked the link many times in the last 24 hours but nothing has changed. Please help

Hi Ajayi,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi  Pradeep H

My account has become private. I have already sent the request to make it public, I received the email confirming that it will be done within 4 hours. But now, it's more than 24 hours and I would like Upwork to put my account on public. Can you please set my profile to the public? Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths