🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Locked Private Profile
Page options
abrarul_haq47
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Abrar,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

818 REPLIES 818
celgins
Community Member

Husnian,

When you click here to go to Profile Settings, what happens when you attempt to change your profile visibility?

Hi Husnian,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I was absent for a while on Upwork and now that I'm back, my profile visibility has been set to locked Private. Kindly help me make it public again, thanks.

Hi Samson,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
0465af7e
Community Member

Hi, Can you please set my profile to the public? 

Hi Alezay,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
saimamunawar
Community Member

my profile visibility has changed as private how to make it public

Hi Saima,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
d59810cf
Community Member

Hello, Can you help me to change my profile to the public again? It's locked Please help me to change it to Public again, thank you.
Kevin Angelrico Tw : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0187b33ca7c080a7f9

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been reset back to Public Status. You can check out this help article for more details on how to best manage your profile visibility.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c3852839
Community Member

How to change my profile from Private to Public status?

Experience freelancers help me.

Hi Masum,

Your profile visibility has been reset to back to public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
451ae13f
Community Member

Thanks

ancam9
Community Member

Hello,

I just noticed that my profile visibility is private, please can you help me to change my visibility to be public. Thank you!

Anca

Hi Anca,

~ AJ
Upwork

Respected

I am very happy send Profile to Public about avoiding having Profile 

d9bc6a9f
Community Member

Hello Moderators! 

How are you today? I just realized that my profile was on private. I just click on "Reset", but I wonder if you can do it.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

It is done now! Thanks to whoever had be🙌

enzomar
Community Member

Dear Comminity managers and upwork team, 

I start around 4 days ago to actively update my profile ( I have 15+ years of experience in IT, but i have zero logged experience in UpWork) , add description following the guidelines, I also crate a video presentatio (i just removed today, i want to redo one better) and i I put my profile public and i set my availability badge for 7 week ( I had to "pay" 7 Connects).

After this  i start logging for a job, and i submit 16 proposals hopig to get one. I also read that we need to be patient.. it is th market. i understand.

Than this mornig I receive an umail drom upwork. Here you are:

Resume earning to reset your profile

Hi Vincenzo,
We noticed you have not been working through Upwork lately.
To improve clients' search results, and show them more freelancers who are available, we have changed your profile to "private" until you are ready to start taking on new jobs. Your profile will not be seen by clients unless you submit proposals for their jobs.
It will automatically become public again when you resume earning through Upwork. You can also contact Upwork Support for help.

Keep your profile public with Freelancer Plus

If you have other work or priorities which now require your full attention and you want to keep your profile public without earning every 30 days, sign up for Freelancer Plus.
Thanks for your time,
The Upwork Team

What is mean? Why my profile it is not public? How i can get a job if i keep my profile private? Who if going to give me back my connect since i pay for the badge availability but clearly now it is useless becaue my profile was forced to private.

Please explain.  

First, you need a profile picture representing yourself, not a logo. 

Clients can see your profile when you send proposals. They will also see your «available now» badge. When you will start earning, it will demonstrate you are more active on Upwork and your profile will become public.

I set my profile picture rapresenting myself.

How can i start earning if it is private? Does it menas i have to actively spent "connetcs" to make proposal to joboffer? And it is impossible for client to find me?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Vincenzo,

Visibility settings help give you control over your work. They help you control when, where, and who you work with by choosing where and when your profile is displayed. They also control the display of your profile in search engines like Google.

• Public — Your profile will be visible to the entire internet, including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It’s also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Use this option if you want anyone with internet access to be able to view your Upwork profile.
  • Only Upwork Users — Only logged-in Upwork members can find your profile and it’s hidden from search engines.
  • Private — We’ll exclude your profile from the Upwork marketplace and search engines. This means clients won’t see you when they search for freelancers. People who aren’t logged into Upwork won’t be able to access your profile via a direct link. People who are logged into Upwork and have access to your direct profile link will only be able to see your first name, last initial, title, photo, rate, city, and country.

When your profile is set to private, your profile will just be shown to clients to whom you submit proposals to.

~ AJ
Upwork
enzomar
Community Member

Dear Annie Jane B, thanks for the promt reply, I just found a little bit unfair to be set as locked privatejust becasue I am new. It will be very hard for me to find client in such way... Let see.

Hi Vincenzo,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

I just set your profile visibility to Public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
enzomar
Community Member

Thanks 🙂 in the last 3 days I submit 18 proposals... I am trying my best to be active. It is clear now 🙂

ps i still see it as Locked private .. maybe it is just a matter to wait ...

Hi Vincenzo,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies and check again? Let us know if your profile visibility is still locked to private.

~ AJ
Upwork
4d755ad1
Community Member

hello there,
My Upwork account is private please public it. so I start work on it.

Hi Sehrish,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5019ff92
Community Member

Hello! My profile visibility has been set to private from  public. My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public. thanks

Hi Khaled,

I just checked and it looks like your account is already set to public. Feel free to update your support ticket should you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
32f20aaa
Community Member

Hello,

My profile visibilty has been set to private.

Kindly help fix this.

Thank you.

sajal36
Community Member

You can make your profile visibility by going to Setting --> Profile Setting --> Visibility dropdown box select Public.. I will suggest you search in community forum for answers and you will find plenty of advises / resolution.

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I kept my profile in Public. But, now it is showing in Private, even after submitting Proposal.

Kindly, let me know.

Regards

Romel Roy

Hi Romel,

Your profile visibility has been set to public. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Arjay

I just checked & noticed that my Profile has been converted from Private to Public.

Thank you so much for your's co-operation & informations.

Regards

Romel Roy

38da0cf0
Community Member

My profile was private, but I am earning money now so please make it public.

To make your profile public you can read this article  '' How can I keep my profile public?''

hussain_munawar
Community Member

My profile visibility has changed to private please make it public

Hi Munwar,

I've reset your profile visibility back to Public Status. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
38da0cf0
Community Member

Hi, 

Arjay M

My profile visibility has changed to private please make it public

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths