🐈
» Forums » Support » Milestone doesn't give a pay now option, only...
Page options
49ca87b9
Community Member

Milestone doesn't give a pay now option, only review work

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that this is by design. Once the freelancer has submitted work for the milestone and requested pay, the button will say Review & Pay. The "Pay Now" option is only available before the freelancer submits work for the milestone and gives the client the ability to release a payment anyways.

~ Nikola
Upwork
49ca87b9
Community Member

Thanks Nikola, so how does the payment get released for the freelancer? Does it always just default to the extra 14 day release date? 

49ca87b9
Community Member

So with the review and pay button: When I click it, the screen goes blank with no other options to proceed. Does this mean that the milestone will be released after the 14 day waiting period? 

Hi Jenny,

Yes, the funds will be released to the freelancer automatically 14 days after they requested payment if you take no action. That said, once you click on Review & Pay button you should see this page. You should see the options to approve milestone before 14 day’s period ends or request changes.

Could you please check if you’re using a supported browser version and don’t have any plugins installed that would be blocking that pop up? You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
49ca87b9
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

So, I have pop-ups enabled on the upwork website, but it still is taking me to a blank page that says "back to overview." I don't get routed to the page where you can pay the actual milestone. Here's what I see. 334247373_710568067456249_9126267607721423237_n.jpegThe page says 'back to overview'The page says 'back to overview'

Hi Jenny,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. I was able to see the option to Approve & Pay for that particular milestone here. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
49ca87b9
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I really don't see what the problem is. I cleared all the caches and cookies/history and still the issue persists. Any other ideas? 

49ca87b9
Community Member

Cancel that last email Arjay...I got it working with a different browser

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths