🐈
» Forums » Support » My Upwork account has been suspended with nei...
Page options
c5198f64
Community Member

My Upwork account has been suspended with neither notice nor explanation of what is going on.

Hello to All,

I am coming to this support forum to ask for help.

I'll like to first explain how I got scammed on Upwork:

On 18th and 19th January 2024, I accepted a project from a client on Upwork concerning testing webpages and his app. The project seemed legitimate, and I completed the work diligently. Payments were made made without my consent as bonuses. Then, upon requesting payment release, I was shocked to discover that the client's payment was under review. Despite this, Upwork deducted its fees from the transaction. 
Unfortunately, the client disappeared, and I never received the funds. As a result, I suffered a loss of over $2,000.

About 11 days ago my account has been suspended with no explanation and I noticed that all payments that were pending made by the formerly stated fraudulent client have disappeared. 
Also, my account has been restricted of all financial transactions so all the money I work stays in Upwork impossible to withdraw. 

I don't know what is going on. 
an explanation from Upwork support will be welcome and reinstatement of my account as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
Enda 
5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Enda,

I'm sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. Please be aware that we cannot disclose any information or actions being taken on a user account for privacy reasons. However, I see you've been coordinating with the appropriate team, and several support tickets have been raised for your case.

We highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through an active ticket on this page or your email so that they can assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5198f64
Community Member

Thank you ArjayM, 

But there is no reply since then. That means I should just sit and suffer until the day Upwork feels as to write to me about what is going on with my account. 

Actions are taken on my account without my consent. And I never know if I will ever be reinstated with my funds still in there both available and pending. 

This is the worst approach I have ever seen in my life and a total maltreatment as a client on this platform for the past years. 

I just wanted to add that they're doing something similar to me. No communication. I'm just supposed to wait until they decide to update me. My money is stuck in escrow. (Has been for over a month.) Hope they get this resolved for you 

virtualbrix
Community Member

The best way would be to basically contact support. They are the only ones that can help really.

I have been writing to them for sever days without and answer. I tried calling the HQ on phone but it ends up on voicemail responder. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths