🐈
» Forums » Support » My account has been verified, but I still don...
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2,204 REPLIES 2,204

Hi Khali,

I can confirm that the verification that was performed has been completed and your account has been restored. You can now submit proposals to potential clients as usual. 

For your ID verified badge concern, I can confirm that your account doesn't need further verification just yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future for you to get the badge. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
ee85103d
Community Member

Hi, I have created a freelancer account, I am 26 and I am eligible to work. My ID card complies all the Upwork's requirements but every time I check my account it says "verify your account". I tried 3-4 times and I am stuck in a loop, where app says "we are reviewing" and than "verify now" again.

There are no humans in Upworks support, its a shame that I need to use public forum to resolve account login issue. 

Hi Oleksandr,

I'm sorry you were having trouble submitting your documents for verification. Your submission was successful and is being manually reviewed by the relevant team. Please allow 1-3 for the review to be completed; the team will contact you if further information is needed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
16821e06
Community Member

I've been trying to finish the identity verification process but I keep getting the email saying I couldn't be verified. I have been using my international passport for the verification process which hasn't expired yet so I don't know where the issue is from. Please help.

Hi Akinyemi,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, I noticed that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of the ID you are submitting. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
990715d4
Community Member

Hello, I have been unable to pass verification on Upwork for almost a whole month. The system is not accepting my selfie with ID passport. Please help me!

Hi Alexander,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that you are just missing to verify your location; you should see a new notification banner in your profile indicating this. Please visit your Identity Verification page to finalize the process. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8d08defa
Community Member

this morning i tried to buy some connects with my VISA Debit Card and one message pop up to verify my Identinity  with QR and mobile . I follow the instruction and try with QR first .When i scan with phone , one of the link redirect to QR page and i guess could be some error .So that i try agin with Mobile number and still having same error .Always loop back to the QR page and i would appreciate some body could help me solve the problem 

Hi Zaw,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
310d116a
Community Member

Good day, I'm newly registered on UpWork and my problem is I can't apply for a Job because it's disabled (gray). I can't contact live support agent for this, can anybody help me. TYSM

Hi Mercado,

This is because you are currently required to complete a verification process. I see that you recently submitted your documents for verification, and the relevant team is manually reviewing them. The review can take 1-3 days to be completed; you can rest assured that the team will contact you if more information is needed. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
310d116a
Community Member

I already submitted. 

Screenshot_2024-05-05-06-34-25-105_com.android.chrome.jpg

 i can't see the progress though

cdef9246
Community Member

Hi there, Can You guide me plz, Yesterday I was asked for identity verification. I uploaded all my documents, but my Identity wasn't  Verified as the Picture wasn't within the Upwork guidelines. Hence I updated my picture within the upwork guidelines. But Still, I am waiting for their manual review process. The manual review process is on and I have tried to upload a bit more professional image of mine. And it's not uploading, Is it because the Manual review process is on or is there any other reason? When Uploading pictures It says upload image size upto 4000 x 4000 pixels. Although My Recent picture which I feel more professional and trying to upload is 4.3 mb.  

You should comply the size guidlines and make the image according to the mentioned resolution.

Hi Waleed,

I'm sorry that you were having trouble with the verification process. Upon checking with the relevant team, I can confirm that your account has been successfully verified. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
310d116a
Community Member

Good day sir Luiggir. 

Can you check my progress in my account please.

b5c44827
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you have anyone halp me please? 
I uploaded a document but still need to verfiy and on mobile can't choose any document

1cf6daf1
Community Member

I am new here, my identity verification request has been denied. I have no idea what the reason was. My name, address and bank info are on two billing statements respective, but not on the same statement.

I want to try again, but i don't know how to get the verification link. I need to help, please!

Thank you.

Hi Ying,

I am sorry to hear about your verification status. I see that one of our team members has already raised a support ticket regarding this concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
62fe277a
Community Member

So, I have tried ID verification and there seems to be an issue. Google Chrome has my Camera Access, but it is still unable to access it to capture the ID. I have tried the Upwork App on mobile and PC, but it still redirects to the browser for verification. What shall I do??

Hi Sai,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3ef3016c
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of signing up for Upwork, and I need to upload a second ID to verify my location. 

However, there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the " Update your information- You'll have 2 options for matching your profile country and ID country". I am not able to click on anything to submit my second ID. 

Can anyone tell me how to proceed? 

Hi Ismaelia,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that your profile is already verified. Feel free to message us if you have further questions. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
990c6cf9
Community Member

Can't find home country Kosova in countries list, I already submitted the ID, but i cant match the country with the location since it is not in the list.
I currently set my location to the neighbor country, Albania. Is this enough to verify my identity and location?

990c6cf9_0-1713441964972.png

Hi Parim,

Apologies for the delayed response. I followed up with the relevant team and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
6585b8de
Community Member

Hello! How lond does it take to upwork verificate you ? I am still waiting. Thanks!

Usually a few business days to a week.

If it has been longer than a week, click the above Support link for assistance.

alisha_singh
Community Member

Hello,

I am attempting to propose a new contract after accepting the one sent by the other party but when I click, it is displaying the attached message.

Please refer the snap.

Regards,

Thanks,

Click the above Support link for help and include a screenshot.

Hi Alisha,

I can see that you are currently required to verify your account; this may prevent you from submitting proposals or starting a new contract. To begin the verification process, go to your Identity Verification page and follow the steps provided. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ead65df
Community Member

Hello I have uploaded my ID several times but it goes back to action needed, Need help. 

The same issue was with my ID, I uploaded it till the notification of identity verification disappeared. It works for me, then, finally. 

Hi Nabeel,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced while verifying your account. After reviewing your account, it seems that your previous submission was rejected because the image of your ID card was not acceptable. Please avoid cropping, altering, or uploading a screenshot of your ID card. You can try uploading your document again from the Settings page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jillianreez
Community Member

Hello,

I am unable to verify my identification. I received an "action required" notif to verify my identity, and I have clicked the link and verified my ID and selfie numerous times but it seems it is not pushing through. There is no problem with the pictures, but after they have been sent there is no notif that my ID is in review and when the page is refreshed, all progress is lost and I have to submit ID photo all over again. It only says "We've started a manual review" and the government-issued ID and appear on camera boxes are checked. But after the page refreshes all progress is lost. What do I need to do to verify my identity? there is no other button for next step after this

Hi Jillian, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please allow more time for our team to review your case? If you still don't have any updates after 48 hours, please let us know, and we will assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bashar-othman
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I submitted documents for both ID and location verification, and I got an email on May 3rd "Your ID has been verified, and now you're good to go!". And I also received the notification "Your ID has been verified".

basharothman_0-1714935448685.png

However, I still don't have the blue tick on my profile until now. I messaged the customer support yesterday, but I didn't get any reply on my ticket (#46891210). And I tried the "Chat with Support" thing, but the bot is so annoying. It kept on asking for information, and never forwarded me to a real agent.

Can you help me?

Hi Bashar,

I would like to let you know that there are different types of identity verification. Once you are eligible to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you will be able to complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
Oh, I understand. The verification I did was for a different thing. Looks like that's why I didn't get it.

Thank you for your explanation!
Have a nice day!

ca634b18
Community Member

Hi, I have the similar problem - have submitted my UK Driver's licence couple of times and it is still not verifying. Please assist.

Hi Krzysztof,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths