🐈
» Forums » Support » My earnings are refunded back to client???
Page options
72fddfbb
Community Member

My earnings are refunded back to client???

My hard earned earnings of the whole week is refunded back to the client with a  mail from upwork that "Unfortunately, it is because you do not meet the criteria to be covered for payment protection. We have returned the following amount to your client" Is this the reason? Who initiated refund? Without any prior notice how can Upwork do it? I recently started working on upwork and This really dissapoints me. Can I take any action against it?

And about the mannual time entry. I tried to open time tracket but it is showing a untitled blank page. So i manually entered the time as time tracker is not tracking the time.

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Ashwati,

I am sorry to hear about the refund initiated on your contract. As mentioned in the notification sent to you, your client's payment was unsuccessful and we reviewed your account carefully to check if this payment is eligible under Upwork Hourly Payment Protection. During the review, our team noticed that you do not meet the criteria to be covered for payment protection. That said, we were unable to process the payment for hours logged on this job. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your support tickets here

- Pradeep

Upwork

"your client's payment was unsuccessful" - I checked his profile and its showing "This client’s billing method is unverified" now. How upwork allowed him to generate a contract/offer without verified billing method? And why was he allowed to communicate for the whole time if payment was not successful?

Ashwati, I understand your concern with this matter. There are several reasons why a client's payment can be unsuccessful. For confidentiality purposes, I will be unable to discuss other user's accounts with you. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. One of our team members will respond to you on the same ticket. Please be informed that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths