🐈
» Forums » Support » My profile is not public although my profile ...
Page options
fbarbossa
Community Member

My profile is not public although my profile visibility is Public

Hello,

Altough I change my profile Visibility to "Public" it still show the message "This freelancer's profile is only available to Upwork customers. Please login or sign up to view their profile.".

I tested with 4 different browsers (opera, firefox, edge and chrome) and it's the same. It's also not a cache problem.

Can you help me with this? I've been spending badges to show that I'm avaiable but I'm not showing my profile to external persons that I been sharing my work 😞

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Francisco,

I took a closer look and confirmed that your profile visibility is currently "Public." This means that your profile is visible to the entire internet, including clients, freelancers, and visitors. It's also visible to search engines such as Google and Bing. Anyone with internet access can view your Upwork profile.

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies? Then, try searching for your profile. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fbarbossa
Community Member

Hello!

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a cache problem. I have cleared my cache, tried accessing the page on browsers where I had not previously opened it, and the issue persists. It continues to prompt users to log into their Upwork account, and even when they do, it states that my profile does not even exist. Despite paying to make my profile available and using badges, my profile is not visible at all. Please investigate the issue and refund the badges I used, as my profile is not online.

Additionally, should updating my profile require both me and others to clear our cache to see the latest version? This is not an efficient system. If you expect us to pay for badges and use this platform, you also need to fulfill your part. Continually asking people to clear their cache is neither professional nor an up-to-date solution.

Hi Francisco,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths