🐈
» Forums » Support » New to Upwork - Is this a Scam/ Spam?
Page options
096c7ff6
Community Member

New to Upwork - Is this a Scam/ Spam?

Hi Upwork Community!

I am new to Upwork in the instructional design and consulting space and just sending my first few proposals. In reponse to one of the proposals I sent, I received this message - see screenshot. It seems to have nothing to do with the proposal I submitted or the job the client is asking for and yet it is comming in response to the proposal. Is this normal and you simply have to sort through lots of this to get to real opportunities? It was my understanding that the purpose of Upwork is to protect against such things, so I thought I'd reach out here to those of you who are helping make this a solid place to help one another!

Thanks in advance.

Tracy 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Tracy, the canned note you received is both spam and scam, as is anything that mentions telegram, WhatsApp, gmail, or other methods of communication outside Upwork messaging. Make sure you flag the job as inappropriate and chances are Upwork will cancel the job and you'll get your connects back. Finally, don't bother googling the company they named, because it's easy for a scammer to falsely claim that they represent some established company. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yitwail
Community Member

Tracy, the canned note you received is both spam and scam, as is anything that mentions telegram, WhatsApp, gmail, or other methods of communication outside Upwork messaging. Make sure you flag the job as inappropriate and chances are Upwork will cancel the job and you'll get your connects back. Finally, don't bother googling the company they named, because it's easy for a scammer to falsely claim that they represent some established company. 

I don't know why Upwork approved this type of project! 

096c7ff6
Community Member

Thank you!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths