🐈
» Forums » Support » Not getting hired
Page options
902fe756
Community Member

Not getting hired

Not Getting Hired
Hello Upwork Community!

I have been on this platform since September and my journey hasn't been good the problem is I am not getting hired by clients forget getting interviewed, the proposals that I send they don't get viewed too.

Is there something that I should do to get hired by clients? Can you please suggest some ideas or tips?

3 REPLIES 3
3dd21a5a
Community Member

To be honest, a significant percentage of the services you provide have already been replaced by AI. This makes it challenging for you to secure jobs in your specialty. Additionally, you haven't mentioned any specific experience in your field, and there's no portfolio showcasing your previous work. Considering you charge $30.00/hr, it seems difficult for you to find jobs in your domain.

db801079
Community Member

Hello Minenhle,

Don't give up...keep trying. Here are my tips:

1. Update your profile: update the 15 Keywords of your skills (make sure they are your strengths so clients can search these keywords and find you easily), add a Portfolio if you have any related work or recommendations

2. Improve the way you write your proposal: draft it based on the job description. review again to make sure there are no typos or small mistakes

3. Keep improving your skills (learn from your friends/ online or anything, even reading posts/ articles in the Upwork Community also helps a lot) - I know it is hard but I am also trying 😉

These are my tips - the market is really low sometimes so do not give up and I hope you soon find your 1st job  😉

Kieu.

0c4a7b3d
Community Member

Don't give up.

Please start from the small jobs and do it very nice.

Then you can get good feedback from the client and then you can earn the badge.

Also, the most important thing when you just started is to boost your bid.
No pain, no gain.

You have to use lots of connects for the boost and you have to pay some money for it.

Your rate is not the problem.

But your effort was too light.

Try, try, then you can achieve.

This is my word.

Btw, good luck in your job search.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths