🐈
» Forums » Support » PayPal not ACtivated
Page options
b12a9252
Community Member

PayPal not ACtivated

My Paypal is Activated and working and when i put it its says 

We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.

but i guess ( because i used it before to buy connects and it has 0 Credit ) 
Is theres a way to solve that ?

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Mohamed,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that you were able to add your PayPal account as a payment method. It's now active and ready for use. Looks like you're all set! Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b12a9252
Community Member

still, give me the same msg 
We are sorry but we cannot setup PayPal as your payment method because it is not verified. Please verify your PayPal account or add a payment card.

Hi Mohamed,

It looks like you may need to add an alternative payment method to your PayPal wallet to add your PayPal account as a payment method on Upwork, as the transaction cannot be completed from our end. Once you've added an alternative payment method, please let us know if the issue continues.

To check which payment source failed on your PayPal account, follow these steps:

• Go to the "Payments" tab and click "Manage automatic payments."
  • Click on the billing agreement associated with "Upwork Escrow Inc."
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and check what funding source is your backup.
  • Update the backup source to a valid payment method and re-attempt the payment.
If the transaction fails again, the next step is to contact PayPal directly. Specifically, you'll want to talk to a PayPal Tier 2 agent and ask why your transaction to Upwork was declined.

Let us know if the issue persists afterward; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths