🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Issue
Page options
ezinnesuccess
Community Member

Payment Issue

Hi there,

Please, I would like a reversal of my funds to Upwork. I just got a mail notifying me that I initiated a payment of $144.54 to my ACH bank account. I did not authorise this at this time.

My first withdrawal was done on my own accord. Please, can this be rectified as soon as possible because my receiving bank has been having a USD issue for some weeks now. I do not want to lose my funds. 

My ACH bank account is having a downtime with receiving USD and I will not be able to access my funds if the deposit is made within the 3 working days. I would like the payment of $144.54 to be reversed because I did not initiate it. I just realised that this may be connected to my payment schedule which is on Wednesday. I have reset the schedule, but kindly reverse the funds to Upwork, please.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please, I do not want to lose my funds. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew, 

I can see that the transaction was successfully processed on 17-July. If processed successfully, funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days from ACH deposits (Automatic Clearing House). If there are issues with the account, the money will automatically be refunded to your Upwork account. If, after eight business days, you are still yet to receive it back to your Upwork account, you can contact us here or the Upwork Customer Support Team directly so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
759e32fa

Hi Ezinne,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ad11a8cf
Community Member

Hello I am having issues with my ACH account and I need the withdrawal reversed 

Apparently I withdrew using the ACH channel but unknown to me the Grey bank account I provided did not support ACH transactions and til now Upwork did not reverse the money to my upwork earnings so I want the money reversed and I want it done real quick.

Thanks. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew, 

I can see that the transaction was successfully processed on 17-July. If processed successfully, funds will arrive in your bank account within two to five business days from ACH deposits (Automatic Clearing House). If there are issues with the account, the money will automatically be refunded to your Upwork account. If, after eight business days, you are still yet to receive it back to your Upwork account, you can contact us here or the Upwork Customer Support Team directly so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I have the same problem here. I got an email from upwork that a payment has been initiated usd 164. But the issue is that I didn't initiated myself. Even in my settings, I specified the minimum amount to be USD 1000 in order to initiate the payment! So why did upwork initiate it and it is only 164 USD?

I need to stop this payment and get it back please. USD 194.

Thanka

Hi Mazen,

Thank you for your message. Please note that funds older than 180 days will be automatically withdrawn from your Upwork account. We are unable to stop or reverse the withdrawal initiated from your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
toufiqarefin
Community Member

Hello, I have also got an email saying that upwork initiated payment of $152.77 from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank transfer account, which I didn't authorize. Can it be reversed please? I don't wanna withdraw the fund to my Local Bank Account this time.

Thanks,
Toufiq.

Hi Toufiq,

I looked closely at the transaction you're referring to and confirmed it's currently in progress. Unfortunately, we can no longer cancel or intercept the process once a transaction has been initiated. Please be aware that Direct to local bank transfers are processed within four business days, but it can take up to 7 business days to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and your location can also delay the process.

Please let us know if, after 8 business days, the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths