🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Issue
Page options
549684d9
Community Member

Payment Issue

First payment from client is paid, but not showing in overall UpWork earnings balance although listed as processed in transactions. It has not been paid out to bank as well. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
549684d9
Community Member

Hi Kostiantyn and Pradeep,

Thanks again to both of you for your responses and clariy. I looked at the running totals again and realized I confused the transaction history at some point as I was tracking this. I can see where the payment was applied and tallied into the final balance. My apologies and thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
4b291f6c

.Hi Dennis, Thanks for reaching out!

Please know that when working on hourly contracts, all-time logged in the Work Diary by the freelancer is automatically invoiced to the client and will be released 10 days later using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

To help protect everyone using the platform, Upwork maintains a security period for all transactions, both payments and refunds. It gives us time to process and clear the payments, and resolve any disputes before releasing your funds.

All manual payments, including milestones and bonuses, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed. Hourly payments enter the security period after the client review period closes on Friday. Therefore, funds typically become available on the following Wednesday.

You can check the status of the most recent payment from the contract in your transaction history. The date on the transaction indicates the date the funds are expected to be available for withdrawal.

~ Samuel

Hi Samuel, thank you for your response. However this wasn't an hourly job, it was a fixed job which the client aproved and awarded after the work was complete. Does the same waiting period apply for fixed price jobs? FYI I also opened up a support ticket for it when I posted this. 

Hello Dennis,

For fixed job, you also have to wait until the payment is in available status.
You can check the status in the overview option in Reports tab.
Let's say about just fixed job.
Once the client approve the contract, the payment puts in Work in progress status.
After that, when the job is completed, if the client release the contract, the payment puts in Pending status.

Next, it takes a few days until puting in available status.

Once the payment is in available status, you can withdraw or use the payment on Upwork.
If you want to know the exact timeline of available status, you can check it in the Transaction History option of Reports tab.
Hope it helps you.

Sincerely,
Kostiantyn

Hi Dennis,

Apologies for the confusion. Yes, all payments approved on a Fixed Price contract must complete a 5-day security period before they are available on your Upwork account.

If you are referring to the $200 payment approved by the client on Sept 2nd, this payment is already added to your Upwork account on Sept 6th. You can refer to the Report page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
549684d9
Community Member

Hi Kostiantyn and Pradeep,

Thanks again to both of you for your responses and clariy. I looked at the running totals again and realized I confused the transaction history at some point as I was tracking this. I can see where the payment was applied and tallied into the final balance. My apologies and thanks again for your help.

We’re happy to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further help.

~ Mostafa
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths