🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive !
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796
anamarianic
Community Member

Hello. 

I have added a payment method several weeks ago and it did not activate until now. I want to know what is the problem.

Thank you!

The most common reason is when people have not completed their tax info. (Settings - Tax Info)

You can't withdraw until you have done so.

Hi Petra. I have problems with my payment settings, the bank account appears inactive and I have completed the tax information. could you help me

Hi Luis,

In case you included correct bank details when setting up your withdrawal method and filled all the fields on your Tax form, it will become active after three days.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello!Sir,My name is Anirban paul.I am afreelancer and i do work on upwork.

Sir,I have problem that i have added my local bank account in payment method on 20 june,sunday.

It is saying it will take upto 3 days to activate my bank account.

Bur sir it is showing that it will activate on 22 june and today is 22 june.

it has not activated yet now.

please help me.

I have filled all the bank details correctly and i have filled the tax details and W8 form.

Hi Anirban,

Your payment method will become active after 3 days since you've added it. In your case, that should be tomorrow, on the 23rd. I'll check with the team to see why it's showing 22nd on your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ok sir,I have attached one screenshot.

Hi Anirban,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket in order to investigate this further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Sir,

It's been more than a week ago since I added a payment method to the local bank and it did not get activated till now. I filled in my Tax information and local bank details all correctly but still, it is invalid. Can you please check on it?

Regards,

M Ahsan Naveed

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hey, there is showing payment method is inactive. I also filled W-BEN tax form before Bank information but still inactive is showing. Please help me to sought out this problem.

Hello Sir,

I added a payment method to the local bank more than a week ago and it did not get activated till now. I provided my Tax information and local bank details all correctly but still, it is invalid. Can you please help me solve it?

Regards,

Abrar M.

Hi Abrar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Problem Solved. Thank you so much Mr. Nikola! Means a lot!

Hi Niculescu,

As stated in the notification on your Get paid page, you need to complete the W8 form in order to withdraw your earnings. Please use the link from the notification message or go to Settings > Tax Information, and enter the required details. You can find more information in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have completed my bank details but its still showing inactive it's been a week since i filled out my bank details in payment method ? and i already mentioned in federal tax classification non-us because i am not us citizen.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it seems that all of your payment methods are active. Could you please send me more information about the method that is showing as 'Inactive' so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Alekander now it's dissappeared thank you so much

Hi Alexander. I have recently started freelancing in upwork and added my bank account details several weeks back. However, I have not completed the tax form (Non US citizen). Can you please provide me with step by step guide of fillup up & submitting the form? Where should I submit it? I am a freelancer from Bangladesh. Thanks in advance.

Hi Sanjida,

If you don’t have a registered company, please provide your full legal name. You can enter it in that field as it appears in your passport or other official documents along with your personal address.

Please see this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Aleksandar

I registered as a freelancer and opened my agency, I provided my Tax information and ban card but still waiting for account confirmation. Should I have payment method on freelance profile so that upwork can confirm my tax and card, or it does nor matter, please help.

Thank you beforehand.

Hi Ashot,

You don't have to add a payment method in order to verify your tax information. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you. I have registered but have not received approval call or Id verification yet. it is already 3 days. should I wait a little more ? Or is something going wrong? I provided all the information, tax information, bank card, but still can not submit proposals, my profile has not been approved yet. I want to understand the reason. 

Hi Ashot,

Since you're an exclusive member of the agency you can only use the Connects of the agency pool and send proposals under the agency. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, I try to submit proposals on agency but still it does not let. it gives me 2 variant to activate membership plus plan, but I am not able to find promo code to activate membership plus plan. How can I find promo code?

Hi Ashot,

At the moment we don't have any promo codes or discounts available. You can leave this field blank and proceed with upgrading to our Plus plan.

I would also like to confirm, that in order to send proposals as an agency you will need to be on our Plus plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I wan to know is it Ok, that I have not received any approval for my account. I can provide all documentation needed. I have a legal company with all documentation. How can I attach documents in my profile? Or shall I attach after receiving confirmation of the account .

Hi Ashot,

Your account is approved and you can start sending proposals under your agency once you're ready. There's no need to add or attach any additional documents at the moment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you.

I have just activated agency plus, but I can not submit proposals as it shows I hav not connects to be able to  submit. For buying connects itdemands promo code. How should I behave?I have connects on my freelance profile. How can I use them submitting proposals as an agency?

Hi Ashot,

Freelancer and agency profiles are different profiles and you will not be able to use them for sending proposals under your agency. You will need to purchase Connects under the agency profile in order to be able to start sending proposals. 

To learn more about how to manage your agency, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran

Thank yo for responding. In order to buy connects for agency, it demands to write promo code. How can I buy connects to start submitting proposals on my agency?

Hi Ashot,

A Promo code is not required in order to purchase Connects. To buy Connects for your agency, you can go to the Settings > Membership & Connects page and click on the green 'Buy Connects' button. On the page after, select the amount from the dropdown and click on the 'Buy Connects' button.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar.

I would like to know some details concerning payments. If I have big project, am I eligible to ask for (for example 40%) advance from the client, the remaining part after completing the project?

ibrahim282
Community Member

I added the Payobal payment method . My debit card is now marked as 'inactive' in the 'Get Paid' section. Is the status going to change automatically, or is there a problem with an account?

Hi Ibrahim,

For security reasons, any PayPal account added to your Upwork account will become active after three days. For more information, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
deniswebking
Community Member

Hi.
I am new to Upwork and finally going to start to work. I tried to add my payment method but it still shows as inactive.
Would you please have some advice on this?
Thank you in advance.

Denis M wrote:

I tried to add my payment method but it still shows as inactive.

It takes 3 days to become active and you must have completed your tax info before you can withdraw.

Hi Denis,

Could you please complete the W-8BEN form under Settings> Tax Info, which purpose is to confirm you're not a US taxpayer? You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
techdeveloper786
Community Member

Hi respected sir/madam, my payment method attached to my Upwork account is Direct to local bank (PKR). I have submitted by bank account information correctly and checked it twice. I have submitted it for approval about a week ago and it is still inactive. Kindly resolve my issue or tell my what I am doing wrong.Your help would be highly appreciated.Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths