🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: paypal issues
Page options
2e750978
Community Member

Payment Method Inactive !

Hello ! It's been five days since i added payment method to local bank. But it's still inactiave. No Response or Verification email from upwork.Can you please tell me how long it will take to active ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

796 REPLIES 796
d7f85242
Community Member

Hi Andrea could you please help me regarding my pending payment?

Hi I received a $72 bonus from the client. The client sent it last January 11 it was almost 5 days but it still pending and not showing on my balance. Please help Can someone help me please? ;(

Hi Carissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
riinuka
Community Member

Hello,

My payment methods have been attached to my account for a very long time, but became inactive since I hadn't done a W-9.

They are US bank accounts, but my location is Japan as I permanently reside here. Is that the issue?

Can you check to see why they're inactive? 

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
riinuka
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, but they marked my ticket as "Solved" without any
other comments / replies...

Id#39145478

Hi Shannon,

I can see that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review and your payment method is currently under a verification process. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ocpaul
Community Member

Hey, I'm having a similar issue...

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I see that you are referring to the payment method added to your agency account. I see that you have completed W-8BEN form on the agency account. Since you have a U.S. address listed on your Upwork account, you will also need to complete a W-9 form to activate your payment method. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
57def0b8
Community Member

Hi! 
I'm also facing this issue, even though I have filed the non U.S tax payer form.

Hi Ahmed,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you and assisting you further. You may access your ticket and can also coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
70e7bf11
Community Member

Hello andrea, i'm having the same issues. my payment method stills says it is inactive.

Hi Muse Zeleke,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket and assisting you further with your concern. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I have added payment method on 16th May 2023 and today is 19th May 2023, it's still showing me as inactive.

yesterday it was showing me to wait for 3 days.

Note: I have added correct tax information (W-8BEN) form.

Thanks.

Hi Khan M Riaz,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pardeep,

I have added payment method 8 days ago and it's still showing me as inactive.

Note: I have added the correct tax information (W-8BEN) form and that is complete.
Can u please look into the matter.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the delayed response regarding the issue you're experiencing. I've notified the team working on your ticket, and they've just recently followed up with you with more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bbffdf67
Community Member

I am having a similar issue, its been over 3 days since I completed my tax information and banking info but it still shows inactive so I can't get paid.

Hi Quinton,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, my payment is still inactive even though I submitted the details over 5 days ago and have completed all the necessary tax documents. Please help!

Hi Khalid,

I am sorry to hear about your payment method. I can see that one of our team members is already assisting you regarding the same concern via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

I have been waiting for 7 days till now nothing happend, also i am trying to follow up with the twam on the same support but I did not get any answer, could you please hrlp me to accelerate the withdraw methods activation process. 

Hi Khalid,

We understand how you want this issue with your financial account resolved immediately, and we sincerely apologize for the delay. Since your case has been escalated to the appropriate team, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with them through your ticket here or in your email. They will surely assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
428598c5
Community Member

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Zaki,

If your payment method is inactive, it can be because of one or both of the following reasons:

It was added in the last three days: For security reasons, any new payment method will become active in three days. 

You need to provide your tax information: In order to access their funds, all freelancers who are U.S persons should file a Form W-9 with Upwork. You sign electronically by submitting the form.

If you’re not a U.S.taxpayer you’ll need to file a Form W-8BEN instead. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. Tip: You can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

Please what if I don't pay tax on my country what do I do in filling the tax form 

Hi upwork community, I have been having alot of issues with adding a wire transfer method as it says inactive even though 3 days have passed. 
I have tried reaching out to upwork support but my ticket has been open for 21 days and they won't allow me open a new one.
Every time i reach out to chat support i get told that I will recieve an update within 48 hours but not a singe email or update has been sent.
If anyone has any experience with this issue or a way to get the support team to actually reach out with an update please let me know. 
I am in Egypt and trying to get a wire transfer to QNB bank if that makes any difference. 

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already communicated with our team via a support ticket. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi

I have filled the Form W-8BEN but still, the Withdrawal method is inactive.

And I didn't add the withdrawal method in the last 3 days but more like in the last 3 weeks.

c0d1bb82
Community Member

I am faceing same issue, I completed all tax info too but my payment methode is still inactive. why ?

Hi Muhammad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
leprimo
Community Member

Is it possible to reduce the period to three days in any possible way?

Hi Khaled,

Once verified, it's a standard three security days for your payment method's activation. I looked closely at your account and you can expect your new payment method to be active and ready for use in three days.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6fe5524e
Community Member

Hi, My request is 8 days old. I had an intial response on feb the 8th saying that a support ticket is raised regarding my ticket and an answer will be communicate to me in 24-48 hours but i didn't recieve anything. 

Please let me know when the issue can be resolved.

Thanks

Kind Regards

tande-tawanda
Community Member

Hey guys Need a little help here How do I resolve paypal being disabled everytime I try to withdraw money?

Hi Tawanda,

I checked and it looks like your PayPal payment method is active. If you still need any help please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey thanks for checking it out but maybe I am missing something.

I've attached a picture of the response I keep
getting everytime i try to withdraw.

I'm not sure what can be done, could you give me advice on how to
proceed from here?

Hi Tawanda,

We checked with our payment team and it appears your PayPal account is being rejected. Please, contact PayPal customer support for assistance and more information about being able to use your account to receive payments. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
navi97
Community Member

Hi 

After trying hard for a while, got my first job and sucessfully completed. Now as I want to be get paid my account shows Inactive!
I have added my account details on JAN-23 but yet inactive.

Help Please

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards,
Naveed

Hi Naveed,

It looks like you still have not filled out the required Form W-8BEN, which is used to confirm that you're not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can do this by going to Settings > Tax Information

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b473a637
Community Member

My PayPal Method is Inactive

I finished W-8BEN and still inactive

what should activate it?

Hi Ahmed,

It looks like you added your PayPal payment method today. Please know, all payment methods become active after a three day security period.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths