🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Method Inactive
Page options
c3ca1bf0
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, today, I am trying to add paypal as an additional payment method.

My full name on paypal account is Cong Dinh, which is the same on upwork account.

But upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

But I noticed that the verified name on contracts and invoices is Ding Cong. Is this the reason?

If so, this should not be a big deal!

Can you help me add paypal quickly?

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 4 business days for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it.

In case you're adding a company account, the team will reach out to complete verification. You'll be asked to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:

• An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name
  • A business license showing your name and the company name
  • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner

You can learn more about this in this help article.

If it’s been more than 4 business days and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, you can contact support by: 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

233 REPLIES 233

Hi Farzana,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist you further with the ID verification process.

~ Arjay
Upwork
69ceead3
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I'm writing to request assistance with a beneficiary name mismatch preventing my recent withdrawal.

My full legal name, as reflected on my bank card, is Alix Gaia Wiesser. However, my Upwork profile name is simply Alix Wiesser. I believe this slight difference might be causing the withdrawal rejection.

I kindly request your urgent attention to this matter. Could you please help me update my beneficiary name on Upwork to match my full legal name, Alix Gaia Wiesser? This would allow me to successfully withdraw my earnings.

Thank you for your prompt assistance in resolving this issue.

Sincerely,

Alix Wiesser

Hi Alix,

Thanks for reaching out. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. Your payment method will now undergo security verification and become active within three days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bc7b0c60
Community Member

Hi,

I have added multiple payment methods that all match my name but I am still getting this message on all of them "The beneficiary name is mismatched". Please do a manual review so I can start receiving payments. Thanks!

Hi Shad,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and can confirm that your payment method is already accepted. You need to complete a 3 day security period before you use the payment method for fund withdrawal. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
34c96807
Community Member

Hello, I added a new bank account for me to receive my money from upwork. The account is my company's bank account, so the name is not the same as my name of freelancer on upwork. I got the email to send a document that proved that I was one of the owners of the company, I replied the email with said document, and it's been more than 4 business days (I've sent the email last wednesday evening), and still the bank account wasn't approved. Can someone help?

Hi Ricardo,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked the payment method you are referring to and it appears that the team has already accepted it. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I have added a bank and it match my name but I am still getting this message on all of them "The beneficiary name is mismatched". Please do a manual review so I can start receiving payments. Thanks! I can provide a bank statement to prove that it is mine.

Hi Valerie Anne,

I've contacted the team handling the review, and they confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0edbad29
Community Member

Greetings everyone

I have been on this platform and have completed one job successfully. But I cannot get paid as the my withdrawal method says it is inactive. I have no mismatch of name and the credentials put by me are correct. I have also tried removing and re-adding the details but this issue persists. It has been more than a month. the payment method is to a local bank. I would appreciate if someone helps. 

Hi Muhammad,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. I checked your account and it appears that your payment method is already active now.  If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you every step of the way.

- Pradeep

Upwork
c612bb33
Community Member

Today I tried to buy some connects using my brother's card who lives in Canada and I live in Bangladesh. His card was not approved and my account is on hold as well. 
What just happened? Should I be worried? And I need to buy connects as well. Please let me know how it can be fixed. 
note: 1. I accidentally clicked on save the card details. (was it the mistake) 
2. my name and my brother's name are different, is this the problem? 
Another problem, at first my name was Studio Catfish, as it was my dummy ID I had experimentally opened and also got a job. Then I changed my name and verified every data. But still, I am addressed "studio" in the emails from Upwork and my payment method is not verified because my ID name is still considered as "studio catfish" which doesn't match with my real name. 
please solve these problems.. 

230a5f40
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team,

I trust this message finds you well?

I tried to add a payment method to my upwork and it's saying the name on my profile and the bank name mismatched, which have checked but couldn't find any difference. 

Pls help me fix this issue as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Temitope.

@upwork

Hi Temitope, 

checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
230a5f40
Community Member

Thanks moderator Nikolas..

I will appreciate a prompt response.

82cd642e
Community Member

Hey Nikola,

Not to jump in here but I'm having a similar issue with my names being mismatched.  When I originally came to your site I logged in with my g-mail and now my account name doesn't match my actual name.  I've since changed my contact info and profile to my legal name.  If you're able to do this on your end that would be great.  If there's something I need to do please let me know.  Govt ID is already uploaded. 

Thank you,

-Derek S.

7a3f74e6
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello, Upwork says:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
I did the verification ID verification and it was successful. please work on my account, and please re-edify your terms let the minimum withdrawal from Upwork be $50, not $100 as your system proposes. Trace my @$25, it just disappeared from my Upwork account and my money is now less. Trace my connects as well.
I will be waiting for your quick response.

Hi Simile Loyce,

We checked with our verification team, who confirmed that the name mismatch was resolved. You may log back into your account and check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
brandslick
Community Member

Hi, my Profile name and beneficiary (bank Account) name are the same.  But Upwork notifying me

How can I solve this issue?

and I trying to contact UpWork support via chat. is it like a bot and not getting a proper answer? how can I open support tickets?

Hi Amila,

I am sorry to hear about your payment method and trouble reaching our support team. I checked your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're here to assist you and provide clarification whenever needed.

- Pradeep

Upwork
70ca53ab
Community Member

My name on my Upwork account is different from the name on my PayPal account, and I am unable to change my name on PayPal. Is there any way Upwork will accept my PayPal account without requiring a name change? 

Hi Hadil,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5f4839f3
Community Member

Hi, I've been struggling with this issues for days. I changed my nick name to real name and already passed identity verification.

But when  I was gonna withdraw money. It says "payment method verification in process. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account".

My name is Shang Lei(尚磊),in other countries we would use Lei Shang(磊尚), is that the reason caused mismatch? What shall I do to solve this?Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 11.06.00.png

Hi Lei,

We checked with our verification team, and they have confirmed that the mismatch has been resolved. You may log in to your account to check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
640f0081
Community Member

Hello JoanneP,

I added a payment method on may 9th and I am still notified that my payment method has been deactivated due name mismatch meanwhile the name on my payment method is same as the name on my verified Upwork name. I need your assistance on this.

Hi Samuel,

It appears that you deleted the payment method from your account. Could you please add it again? Let us know if you get the error after adding it and we'll gladly assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
640f0081
Community Member

Hello LuiggR,

No I didn't delete it, it is still there, here is a picture proof

Thanks for clarifying, Samuel. We've escalated this to the relevant team and can confirm that your beneficiary name has been successfully verified. You should be able to start using your payment method.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
640f0081
Community Member

Thank you for your assistance 

2933912a
Community Member

When i added my payment method a yellow warning saying "payment method failed because beneficiary name and upwork profile don't match" i read thr verification progress takes about 48 hours so i waited then the yellow warning became a red warning saying "failed" I'm sure the beneficiary name and the upwork profile do match

Upwork team please help me fix this issue and if there's anything I'm doing wrong please let me know!

Hi Ashraf,

I'm sorry if that caused any confusion. I see you deleted the payment method in question; would you mind adding it again? Even if you get the error, the relevant team will review its beneficiary name to confirm it matches your verified name on Upwork. You can also contact us again, and we'll gladly escalate that to ensure that your payment method is verified.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2933912a
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your quick support but i haven't deleted the payment method actually. The error is still there and j attached a screenshot just to make things clear

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ashraf,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your new payment method is now active and ready for use.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2933912a
Community Member

the issue still persists, i even tried switching up devices to see if one of the devices was glitching but the issue is still there, should i try removing and re-adding the payment method (Note: i tried doing that 2 times before submitting this problem)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths