🐈
» Forums » Support » Payment Missing
Page options
victoraql
Community Member

Payment Missing

So here I am, after more than a month of unsuccessful customer support requests. Trying to make this public to see if there is someone who cares about a freelancer who has been charged $100-$200/mo for 6 years, because all the email contact I get is copy-paste and nobody really gives a cookie about the issues I've had with Citi, upwork's payment processor for international bank transfers (Guatemala)

Every 9-13 months, for some reason, I have a payment issue. I process the payment, it takes longer than expected for it to reach my bank account, and then I contact support, they give me the same script as always, wait for a couple more days, (usually 12-14 days) and then the money gets sent back to my upwork account. They usually say it's because my account number is incorrect, even though I've used the same account since I opened my upwork profile and well, I guess it's human error on Citi's end, but whatever. 

This time around, it has happened about 4 times in less than 3 months. One of those payments though is stuck somewhere in a limbo. I processed it on March 1st. It should've arrived by March 6th-7th, as any other payment. I've been writing back and forth with all parties involved, Upwork, my local Bank, and Citi. Citi of course does not answer after taking my info/bank statements. My local bank is very friendly and they have escalated the issue multiple times, but they don't have any records of the transaction being requested by Citi.

Upwork, the company I pay about $200 a month, doesn't give a single cookie about it. They send scripts and even ask for the same info more than twice. We'll see if they reach out with a public post on their community. It's ridiculous. Even my main client has contacted them over the phone to ask what's going on, but all he gets is scripted responses. 

We'll see what type of script they come up with on a public post. 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties receiving your payment. We understand the frustration of not getting your funds on its usual schedule. I can confirm that the team handling your case has been coordinating with our partner bank to trace the funds. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths