🐈
» Forums » Support » Verification Code Not Sending
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
trasksnow
Community Member

I was trying to reset my Upwork account and now it is saying I cannot verify because my phone number is already in use.

Hello Trask,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

How do I also get assistance with this issue?

2a9e5feb
Community Member

Hi,

I’m trying to complete my Upwork profile and the phone verification process wasn’t working for me. I have a fully functioning phone number.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks!

Hi John,

Thank you for your message.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the same issue with phone number verification. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nichols, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly through an email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Nguyen Thanh, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes, But after over one hour, I don't see any E-mail to contact me.
Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nguyen, 

I want to clarify that tickets are addressed by the order they were received. If you don't hear back within 24-hours, you can follow up here and our team will follow up on your behalf.

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verification code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me.

Hi Lindsay and Flavia,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello I also can't get it to verify my number and I have tried both these steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
619016bb
Community Member

New member with number already taken. Just need some help.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b8000cca
Community Member

I closed an old account which had my phone number verified...

Even though I deleted the account, I now cannot verify my phone number in my new freelancer account because it says the phone number already exists on another account.

Can anybody help?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
kekoakat
Community Member

did they ever fix because I am having the same issue and no one is responding

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for reaching out. I've shared your concern with the team and a Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4d0f9707
Community Member

I am trying to set up my Freelancer profile, but it says my phone number is already in use. If I had to guess, it was used many years ago back when the service was still called Elance, but I have no way of accessing that old account since I never formally transferred it to Upwork. 

How can I use my phone number with my new account?

ea26d512
Community Member

Hello I'm having the same issue. I cannot complete my profile because it says my phone number is already in use. 

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
68e1b202
Community Member

Hi!

I lost access to my old account - to be honest I don't even know the email that was used. I need to be able to use my phone number on my new account and get access to my old one so I can close it. Can anyone help?

Hi Kendra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
080d6097
Community Member

Hello,

I am in the process of creating my profile. However, when entering my phone number to verify the account, it says "this number is being used by a different account". I remember creating an account a long time ago as well as deleting it since I never used it. 

Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks.

07abf217
Community Member

Set up a new account but apparently my phone number is linked to another account.  I may have an old account but cannot find it.  How do I go about deleting an old account that I've never used and cannot find?

Hi Tracie,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with assistance on how you can proceed with your account. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
644cc6a5
Community Member

I'm working on making a new account on here, and I haven't been able to use my phone number for verification as it's attached to an old account that I no longer use, which I don't have access to anymore. What should I do? 

Thanks!

-Tyler Bettilyon

Hi Tyler,

A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ea43ece5
Community Member

Hi ,

Im new to upwork and while registering for my acount I entered my mobile number for validation.However, I dont see any pin sent to my mobile phone.,but the upwork portal mentions the message has been sent.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Mehnaz

Hi Mehnaz,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c5e0a8e2
Community Member

I am finalizing my profil and at the last stage I need to enter my phone number to receive a verification code. But I tried several time and always same message "something went wrong try again later". Can anyone help ? thanks

Hi Annabelle,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
a5402720
Community Member

I'm trying to finalize my account, but it says "This number is being used by another account".

Hi Karen,

I've shared your concern with the Customer Support team and one of their members will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ad0be36
Community Member

Hi! I don't think I've ever gotten on UpWork and I am trying to finalize my profile, but when I attempt to verify my phone number I'm recieving an error message saying my number is already in use. Can someone help me?

Thanks so much! 

Hi Bailey,

~ Nikola
Upwork
38f9bf28
Community Member

I've tried to set up my profile and when I go to verify my phone number, its says its already in use. I have never used Upwork before. Please help!

Hi Elizabeth, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your phone number. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with further assistance on how to proceed with the verification process. Feel free to check and communicate through here or your email if you need anything else. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths