🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can not verify phone number
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hello,

I'm trying to make my Upwork profile and it shows the same problem as above.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Firstly, we truly appreciate your interest in starting a career with Upwork. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue. Can I get help to remove the other account? 

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple ones is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your original account? The email address associated with it should work. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I can't find a button to send you a pm. can you show me a screenshot of where the link is?

Hi Jessica,

Apologies for the confusion, you should be able to send private messages now.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Jessica,

I can confirm that I did receive your message. I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, I am also facing this issue as I am trying to complete my upwork profile, but receving an error that says my phone number is used. I'd greatly appreciate assistance with this.

Hi Candice,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Howdy Upwork Moderators,

I'm having the same issue. Can you share my report with your team and have one of your team members reach out and assist me directly via a support ticket? And can you give me a link where I can access my support tickets and coordinate with the team? 

- Y'all tha best,

Clint

Hi Clint,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I am also having the same problem with phone number verification. It is my first time creating an account, and it also says that my phone number is being used by another account. However, I do not recall creating an account previously. I would appreciate your help with this issue.

Arman

Hi Arman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Why doesn't upwork just remove this block? If the person can include their verification code then the phone and number is theirs. It makes no sense to spend so much wasted time on tickets

Hi Elle,

I've checked your account and I can see that you're experiencing the same error upon creating an account. Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's TOS. This is why phone number verification is one important part of our privacy and security process.

I can also see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue. How do I find and account by the phone number? 

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!

I am having the same issue with my phone number, can someone help me too?

Hi Orrin,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, can someone please help me. It's been a couple of months and I still can't log in to set up my profile...

Hi Romario and Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the same issues, can I have some help please?

Same here, I'm trying to create an account and I can't verify my phone number because "This number is being used by another account". I also can't upload a profile picture and receive the following message "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Christian,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi i am having the same issue, can i have support message me 

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Having the same issue – please advise.

Hi Jane,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nmcritzer
Community Member

I am unable to verify and complete my account. It is saying that my number is in use on another account. Please advise how I can get this issue resolved.

Hi Nakysha,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
98b293ff
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have had the same problem for days too. I cannot send in proposals for jobs I am interested in. I will appreciate timely resolution.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chima, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out through your ticket and the team handling your case will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d4bd7923
Community Member

I'm on the same boat.  When trying to verify my phone, I get an error message.

Hi Addy,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e8a11f2c
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I can't finish creating my profile due to phone verification. Can you please help?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bianca, 

I apologize for the delay as our team looked into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9cd203c7
Community Member

Hello, I am also un able to recieve the verification code 

Hi Reyna,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
898b1daf
Community Member

Hi I'm trying to verify my phone number to set up my account but it keeps saying their is an error 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths