🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can not verify phone number
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hello Sara,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to verify your phone. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
2d5d69ce
Community Member

Hello I too am having trouble verifying my number. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jade, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
7fe50710
Community Member

Hi Joanne!

I am also unable to receive an OTP to verify my phone number. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d5b4c831
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Help! 

Hi Emily,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with the phone verification. Don't hesitate to communicate through that ticket if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
145f77b4
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Would you be able to reach out to me as well? I cannot seem to submit a help request on my end no matter what I try, and my account won't let me continue due to my phone number being in use, but I do not recall making another account prior to now. Thanks!

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty verifying your phone number. Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I have reached out to the team handling your concern. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification process. You can always check here or your email for updates and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7e4c4525
Community Member

I am having the same issue.
I have just signed up for UpWork and when I enter my phone number it says it's already in use.
Can you help me?

Hi Zac,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c6bcae94
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I am having the same issue 

Hi Madison,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e8d6d9e8
Community Member

I am having the same issue can you please help me? I haven't been able to find a way to get in touch with a real customer support person and it's becoming very frustrating. My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines** , thank you in advance. 

Hi there,

I would like to first welcome you to Upwork! I'm sorry for the inconvenience of having difficulties verifying your phone number. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2313f435
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to complete my upwork account but it says my phone number is being used already, though this is my first time on upwork. Please help me verify my phone number.

Thank you

Hi Zoie,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'll have one of the team members review your case and assist you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update here and your email with your ticket once it's been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9a635513
Community Member

I have had the same problem for days too.  I will appreciate timely resolution.

Hi Claire,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and communicate with the team here to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
99b3ba11
Community Member

I have the same issue! 

Hi Alison,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d5db667
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Please have someone reach out. Thank you.

Hi Andrea, 

I am also unable to verify or even receive verification code for my phone number so I cannot complete to create my account as a freelancer.

Hi Minami,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble verifying your phone. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same issue too, i can't complete my profile due to the phone number not being able to be verified even though it is correct

Hi Daniel,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same issue as others. I cannot complete my profile because the phone verification is not working. A pin is not being sent to my phone, and I have triple checked that the number is correct. Thanks, Emily

Hi Emily,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
b47893b7
Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue

Hi Cody,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am also experiencing this same issue. I am already in touch with a client about a job and the phone verification is the only obstacle. I would appreciate a timely solution to this issue. Thanks!

I am also experiencing this same issue. "Get Support" link doesnt work because I don't have an account (and can't sign up).

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7fe50710
Community Member

Hi Bojan!

I am also unable to verify my phone number. There is no OTP being sent to my number. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Aaron,

We appreciate your follow-up. I can see that the team handling your case already reached out to assist you with verifying your phone number. Feel free to respond through this support ticket or you can also check your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi!

I have been trying to verify my number for a week now but I am not receiving the OTP to do so. I've tried different browsers, laptops, iPads, and alike, but to no avail. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

36734eef
Community Member

Hello, 

Would it be possible for the same to happen to me? I am experiencing the same issue, I would like to be directly contacted. 

Thank you,

Katherine

I have also struggled with this issue and have been unable to get to the Contact Support page. Everytime I do I am redirected. I would appreciate just a link to the place where I can submit a ticket. Thank you. 

Hi Katherine,

We saw your posts in the community and converted them into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am unable to verify and complete my account. It is saying that my number is in use on another account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths