🐈
» Forums » Support » Potential Scam: **Edited**scam?
Page options
24c6e81a
Community Member

Potential Scam: **Edited**scam?

I replied to a listing for a "Beginner Logistics Data Analyst" and later recieved a message asking me to contact them outside Upwork via the email provided. This was the only response I've gotten since using upwork, so naively I replied to that email. They requested contact information and then began offering a transcription job(?) to transcribe 100+ pages at 30$ per page? The email was from "**Edited for community guidelines**recruitment".

I have since reported the initial message and I am asking if anyone else has had a similar experience from

**Edited for community guidelines**?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fccfebe2
Community Member

This is a common scam, never contact potential clients outside of Upwork until you have a contract in place, just make sure to report the client and job posting for these cases and move on.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fccfebe2
Community Member

This is a common scam, never contact potential clients outside of Upwork until you have a contract in place, just make sure to report the client and job posting for these cases and move on.

lmerlog
Community Member

Indeed they are, they asking for your bank information, then they send an email from other source and let you know that your money is held until you make a deposit to clear the IRS taxes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths