🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Random jobs on my profile and Jobs are no...
Page options
9387be10
Community Member

Random jobs on my profile and Jobs are not updating correctly

Hello Team,

I am faicng this issue for past 2 days. I am not seeing relevant jobs. Like i am seeing TickTok , youtube management and couple other catagories jobs in my Most recent feed. It used to be only Technical Support or Microsoft 365 and Migration related jobs. I am not sure what is going on. 

If i refresh 2 or 3 times the search is changing not sure, if development team is working on something or what the issue is.

Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Shahbaz

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that our engineers have released a fix and this issue should be resolved. Please, consider refreshing your browser or clearing cache and cookies to make sure the fix is reflected. If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

108 REPLIES 108

I have an issue regarding "most recent Jobs". The system shows a huge amount of unrelated jobs. I can't proceed to find a job related to my skills.

Hi Osama,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed with the relevant jobs. You can try searching different skills applicable to your profile. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep, even with saved searches, I am getting some irrelevant jobs. But the problem is, why "Best Matches" tab is showing relevant jobs but not "Most Recent" tab (not since a few days ago anyway) ?

Clearly someone in Upwork changed something that broke it 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thanks so much Valeria, I'm grateful. It actually works fine now.

Hi Valeria,

Could you please take a look at my profile - most recent feeds? it doesn't work by now. thanks in advance. 

Random jobs on my profile and again a lot of work in the jobs feed doesn't match my skills and categories. ??

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try saving some searches? This should help populate your feed with the relevant jobs. You can try searching for different skills applicable to your profile. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c741ac48
Community Member

Seems like this is a big issue are you guys working on it or have a tba time fix?

Hi Edmond,

As mentioned in this solution by Valeria, it has been confirmed that the issue is now fixed. Are you still experiencing the same problem on your end? If so, consider following the steps she has provided to attempt to fix the issue, and let us know here if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dc4b593f
Community Member

In the last few days,precisely since the start of November,the most recent jobs in my account is filled with irrelevant jobs from multiple fields which are not mentioned in my skills.I don't have Java anywhere in my profile yet I am getting jobs related to Java.

This issue is getting escalated day by day. What's upwork doing on this? For the past one week, it's been like this. A lot of irrelevant jobs coming up on the feeds. Please help us look into this issue and fix it once and for all. Upwork wasn't like this in the past. Please what's going on? 

Admin please help please

True...no jobs in the most recent jobs section are matching my skills and because of this I am not able to bid on jobs matching my skills

richards37
Community Member

Admin please help, I've tried all the strategies stated by people here to solve the irrelevant job post issue, but everything is still the same. Please, any help? Thank you

Hello‚ Setup your computer's date and time correctly. I think then the issue will solve.

Hi Dr, Ayuba,

The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related).

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your response Annie.

I've tried the strategy you stated above, I've saved several searches that are related to my niche or skillsets, yet I keep seeing several irrelevant jobs.

Please, what do I do? Or can you connect me with the customer service to discuss my issue with them?

Thank you

bc94f1cf
Community Member

still having the same problem

Hi Syed Zeshan,

Can you please try refreshing your browser or clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists after that, please let us know here or submit a report directly with our support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of the Upwork Help page. 

Thank you for your reports and patience. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
amit_siwach
Community Member

Hi Team,

I don't understand if we get our feed results from "saved jobs", then what is the use of skills that I have tagged in my profile?

amit_siwach_0-1668666713590.jpeg

Regards,

Amit Kumar

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your message. If there are no saved jobs, your Job Feed will be based on the skills, categories and experiences added to your profile. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related). This is the reason why we highly suggest freelancers start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ali-asadullah
Community Member

I am also facing this issue since that time, the MOST RECENT tab is showing totally irrelevant jobs, I did everything with the browser, deleting cookies, updating skills, and categories even saved searches, but nothing changed. also I was not able to add categories again after deleting till today, not sure what's going on Upwork its really disturbing whole things. 

My job Feed is not Updating/loading? There is no new job post-show from the hours

Setup your computer's date and time correctly. 

ali-asadullah
Community Member

It's been a whole month now I am still getting a lot of irrelevant jobs on the Most recent tab, about 99% wrong Jobs. it's unaffordable for me (and for everyone too) to spend extra hours scrolling through and reading the stuff which is not related to me. It's like reading newspaper in any ancient language. I did everything (saved searches, cookies, categories, quotations for keywords that contain spaces) but everything failed, and also there is no any feedback from Upwork on what was going on. Is there any valid solution please other than "restart your PC" tricks. ? 

Hi Asad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Our engineering team is already investigating your issue and they will respond to the same ticket as soon as they have an update for you. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5119898c
Community Member

hello, after doing everything you suggested yesterday, I see that the problem continues, even if I filter by the featured skills, it doesn't show the recent offers but the ones from the past days, and it doesn't show the recent ones.

Hi Beatriz,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide a screenshot and let us know what filters you used so we can include them in our report? 

~ AJ
Upwork
5119898c
Community Member

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please provide a screenshot and let us know what filters you used so we can include them in our report? 

5119898c_1-1670206214866.png

I would like to know if Upwork will not show the most recent jobs again.? I just checked the filters and it is working.

Hi Beatriz,

Thank you for your message. I see that our support team has already reached you via a support ticket. Our engineering team is already investigating your issue and they will respond to the same ticket as soon as they have an update for you. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths