๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Support ยป Refund Notification ๐Ÿ˜” Refund of Fixed Price ...
Page options
samaddahri
Community Member

Refund Notification ๐Ÿ˜” Refund of Fixed Price - REF ID ########

I really didn't expected this from Upwork ๐Ÿ˜” 
samaddahri_0-1650558215737.png

samaddahri_1-1650558278299.png

12 REPLIES 12
pgiambalvo
Community Member

More info? From this, it looks there was money in escrow that was released by the client, so that means Upwork was able to successfully charge their card. So usually, that means you would have had to approve the refund before this happened, which I assume you didn't. Did Upwork tell you why the money was refunded? Was the money actually in escrow before it was paid? 

hello, Peter Thank you for your rapid answer; yes, everything went smoothly; the client accepted the milestone and gave us a positive rating.

I'm not sure why Upwork automatically refunded the payment once it was released from escrow. That's unusual and surprising.

I'd open a ticket with them to find out why, and I'm sure someone will also respond to you here. Best of luck with getting this resolved.

Thank you so much for your assistance and support; I truly want to have this fixed as soon as possible.

NikolaS

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
samaddahri
Community Member

Clapping for upwork ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Scammers just got a new way.

To get work done without paying any penny.

And yea, upwork is fine with it because it doesn't qualify for payment protection.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Abdul Samad,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already updated your open ticket. Please allow time for our team to review and update you directly on the same ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

samaddahri_0-1650757920638.png

samaddahri
Community Member

samaddahri_1-1650757961648.png

I delivered my work after contract funds were in escrow, why it doesn't qualify for payment protection?

samaddahri
Community Member

Does anybody have answer to this?

Were you able to solve this? I'm in the same situation right now

Not yet,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

โ€ƒ

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths