🐈
» Forums » Support » Refunding.
Page options
2004a9ee
Community Member

Refunding.

Greetings, recently I was interviewed for a job and the client said they'd do a test writing with me before hiring. I said okay and he gave me the details like themes, background but not the writing style. He said I could play with my own words. When I submitted the work, he said it wasn't in American English and ended the contract right then. He never told me it had to be written in the US English format. Before I could ask anything, he blocked me.

My problem is he agreed to pay $30 for the work and asked me for the content when it wasn't even complete for revision. But he set up an hourly pay format. I didn't understand what he was doing since he had fixed an amount of 30 dollars. I started working while tracking my time which summed the amount to be paid about $8.33. He never paid the $30 since he blocked me before I could submit the whole thing but the hourly pay is shown on my 'In Review' area. After not telling me the writing method, he left a bad review in my profile. I was very scared since it was my first ever review.

I searched about reviews here on Upwork and other platforms and found out that if you refund a client, the bad review doesn't show. So I went ahead and refunded the money. The review is gone from my account and it's been five days since this. The refunded money still shows 'Pending' and the $8.33 is still in the 'In Review' area. So my question is since I refunded the money, will the money automatically appear on his account? And I don't have to pay him the money from my own pocket incase he never sent me the money, do I? (I do know how refunds work but I only wanted to make sure as it's been five days)

Also, in my payments before, I could see when I was going to get paid but in this whole hourly payment, I cannot see the date of when I can receive the payment. This was my first hourly contract too. Can someone please tell me about this. I'm somewhat new to Upwork.

Thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths