🐈
» Forums » Support » Request for Refund of Connects Used for Boost...
Page options
3c320cb5
Community Member

Request for Refund of Connects Used for Boosted Bid on Job Application

Dear Upwork Support Forum,

I recently applied for a job and boosted my bid with an additional 28 connects to increase my chances of being noticed by the client. However, it seems that the client did not even read my proposal or look at my portfolio before hiring someone else for the job. I discovered this by seeing the "Hired" status on the job post.

I have attached a screenshot of the job post where it clearly shows that the client has hired someone else without even looking at my proposal or portfolio. As a result, I would like to request a refund for the connects I used and to have the chargeback processed promptly.

I would greatly appreciate your immediate attention to this matter as it is important to me.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Ashraf

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Syed Ashraf,

Nirmal is right. If your proposal got one of the 3 top spots, you will be charged the third place bid even if your proposal didn't have an eligible interaction. In the Connects History report the accounting will work in the following way:

1. When you boost your proposal, you will be debited the bid Connects
2. Then you will get a refund for those Connects when the auction ends.
3. Then the system will debit the the third place bid if your proposal wasn't outbid. 

It is working as designed and we don't have any known bugs or issues with the Connects refunds. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sofia2008
Community Member

How do you know the client did not see your proposal? Your screenshots does not show that. 

3c320cb5
Community Member

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for any confusion. While the screenshot I provided does not show whether or not the client viewed my proposal, I do have evidence from my stats page that indicates that my proposal was not viewed by the client. Specifically, in my stats page, I can see that my proposal received only 2 views, both of which were from other job postings. I hope this clarifies my situation. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

sofia2008
Community Member

Boost Your Proposal – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

You can see in the help article above that proposal views are not the only criterias. 

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your attention to this matter. I understand that there are other criteria for charging Connects and that proposal views are not the only factor.

However, I would like to emphasize that I have already reviewed the help article you provided, and I do not see any evidence that the client interacted with my proposal in any way. As I mentioned in my previous message, my stats page shows that the client did not open, message, shortlist, or archive my proposal before hiring someone else for the job.

Given these circumstances, I believe that I was not given a fair chance to compete for the job, and I would like to request a refund for the Connects that I used to submit my proposal. Thank you for your consideration, and please let me know if there is any additional information or steps I can provide to support my request.

Do you know if you were in the 3 first spots when someone else was hired? That could explain the charge.

Thank you for your previous responses. I appreciate your efforts in helping me understand the charges on my account. However, I am still unable to find information that matches the statement "Do you know if you were in the 3 first spots when someone else was hired? That could explain the charge" in the Boost Your Proposal article (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406395531795-Boost-Your-Proposal).

I kindly request that you send me evidence or a screenshot of where this information is located on the Upwork website. This will help me better understand the situation and resolve any confusion I may have.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

I am just a regular freelancer trying to help. Upwork won't tell you in details what happened to a specific proposal. 

I understand that you are trying to help, and I appreciate your efforts. However, I am still concerned about the charges for the Boosted proposal that I submitted, and I am seeking a clear answer to my question.

As a customer, I expect transparency and clarity when it comes to charges and fees. I have thoroughly reviewed the "Boost Your Proposal" help article on Upwork's website.

Furthermore, I would like to escalate this matter to a moderator for further review. I believe it is important to address these issues and provide clarity for all customers to ensure fairness and transparency in Upwork's processes.

Thank you.

"You bid enough to earn a boosted spot in the list at auction close: Regardless of whether you had an eligible interaction, you will be charged the third place bid, meaning you will be refunded the difference in Connects (if any) between your bid and the third place bid. Your Connects charge shows up as a full refund of your original bid, then a charge of what you actually owe."

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406395531795-Boost-Your-Proposal 

Hi Syed Ashraf,

Nirmal is right. If your proposal got one of the 3 top spots, you will be charged the third place bid even if your proposal didn't have an eligible interaction. In the Connects History report the accounting will work in the following way:

1. When you boost your proposal, you will be debited the bid Connects
2. Then you will get a refund for those Connects when the auction ends.
3. Then the system will debit the the third place bid if your proposal wasn't outbid. 

It is working as designed and we don't have any known bugs or issues with the Connects refunds. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Not much of a fan of the whole boosted bid set up. I'm also not getting proposals viewed with boosting.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths