🐈
» Forums » Support » Request for Refund of Connects Used for Boost...
Page options
maazmir
Community Member

Request for Refund of Connects Used for Boosted Bid on Job Application total of 51 boosted connects

Dear Upwork Support Forum,

I've recently applied for two jobs and boosted my bid with an additional 51 connects to increase my chances of being noticed by the client, one of those jobs the employer required 99 freelancers, I answered all their questions professionally in a good manner of communication and send them a video note as well. The client sent 33 invitations to freelancers in 04 hours but I was unlucky might be I didn't meet their expectations and requirement. After eight hours I thought like they require freshies and I withdrawn the proposal.

I thought like the connects are gonna refund back to me but it's been many hours I still waiting for my 51 connects.

Would you please assist.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Maaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We designed this feature to help you make the most out of your Connects. If you are owed a refund of Connects, you will be refunded for the entire amount you bid, then charged the correct amount. You can always check your Connects by going to Reports > Connects History.

Refunds are issued if:

• You didn’t bid enough to make the top four spots at all. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • You earned a boosted spot temporarily, but the client never interacted with your proposal and you were bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction closed. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • Your bid was above the fourth highest bidder. We’ll only charge you the lowest of the top four bidders and refund the rest. For example, you bid 10 Connects and the next highest bids are 8, 7 and 6. All four of you will only pay 6 Connects to have your proposal promoted. Your Connects refund will display as a refund of the full amount you bid to boost (10) and then a charge of what you owe in the end (6).
  • You bid for a job that we end up removing due to a Terms of Service violation. You’ll be refunded both the boosted Connects and the cost of submitting the proposal.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NikolaS

Hi Maaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We designed this feature to help you make the most out of your Connects. If you are owed a refund of Connects, you will be refunded for the entire amount you bid, then charged the correct amount. You can always check your Connects by going to Reports > Connects History.

Refunds are issued if:

• You didn’t bid enough to make the top four spots at all. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • You earned a boosted spot temporarily, but the client never interacted with your proposal and you were bumped out of the boosted spot before the auction closed. You’ll be refunded the amount of Connects you boosted, but not the amount of Connects it cost to submit a proposal.
  • Your bid was above the fourth highest bidder. We’ll only charge you the lowest of the top four bidders and refund the rest. For example, you bid 10 Connects and the next highest bids are 8, 7 and 6. All four of you will only pay 6 Connects to have your proposal promoted. Your Connects refund will display as a refund of the full amount you bid to boost (10) and then a charge of what you owe in the end (6).
  • You bid for a job that we end up removing due to a Terms of Service violation. You’ll be refunded both the boosted Connects and the cost of submitting the proposal.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
maazmir
Community Member

I've been using Upwork Platform since 2016, I believe there must be an option when you withdraw the boosted proposal it will warn you that you're going the wrong way, you will lose your connects you've boosted. Then the freelancers will understand what they're trying to do is wrong.

I have been waiting for the past couple of months, when I'm gonna have more than 50 connects I'll start hunting. Now, I'm totally disappointed and helpless, because I've nothing to start. I'm out of connects.

The below two Job Ad links:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Proposal 1: You'll see on the first job they require 90 freelancers. They were looking for virtual assistants and I sent them a professional proposal, I was watching as they sent 88 interviews but didn't send me.

Proposal 2: The client requires an Estate Sales Agent and I possess good experience in sales and have good communication skills, after submitting a Job details the client didn't check back the freelancer's proposals, I boosted the proposal and at last I withdrew.

This is the worst experience ever I've had.

Thank you for your precious time Nikola

sofia2008
Community Member

Connects are not refunded when a proposal is withdrawn.

Hi Sophie!

How did you know that, if there any information regarding this shared with you by Upwork?

Info is available on the Help section of their webside

Boost Your Proposal – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Thanks Sophie!

maazmir
Community Member

Hello Community Members!

Hope you're doing great,

The information you guys provided was being very informative for me and I really appreciate you all involved here and

tried to figure it out and help me to start my journey on Upwork again, I wish you best wishes, may God grant you more

success in your upcoming tenure on both the professional life as well as personal life.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths