🐈
» Forums » Support » Request for a model 21 RFI for tax purposes, ...
Page options
guerrini
Community Member

Request for a model 21 RFI for tax purposes, required in Europe

Hello,

As a client we download invoices from Freelancers every month and in order to include this into our accounting we ned from UPWORK a "model 21 RFI" (certified by their local fiscal authorities) and a "Certificate of Fiscal Residency". This shall be obtained by Upwork every year and made available for download for all clients and freelancers. Global service platforms such as Booking and Airbnb already do this since a few ears back and in Europe it is mandatory to have in order to avoid double taxation.

I request UPWORK to obtain the certificate and make it available if they have not done so already and if they did, please advise where can it be obtained.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riccardo,

Hi Riccardo,

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like a tax form request. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riccardo,

Hi Riccardo,

In general, customers can reach out to our support team if they need assistance with something like a tax form request. How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~Andrea
Upwork
0438e9c3
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I also need the model 21 RFI and the residency certification from Upwork.

Cheers,

André

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, Andrea.

I have the same issue (RFI21 and Residency Certificate form Upwork for Portugal Tax purposes) and need assistance.
I've looked into the Help Section and have not found a way to reach a human support agent. 
Can you please help?

Thanks and all the best!
Rita

977cdef4
Community Member

Like all EU Upwork freelancers, I need that Upwork issues a model 21 RFI (and Certificate of Fiscal Residence) for tax purposes, specifically to avoid double taxation.
This is already done by other freelancers platforms, making that available easily for freelancers to download.
So, I request to be contacted by Upwork support to solve this issue. This question is all over the forum, and still no option to take care of this in a clear manner, which is a shame.

Best regards,
João G.
Portugal

Hi João,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c716b22c
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I also need the model 21 RFI and the residency certification from Upwork.

Thanks

I have read some posts in this forum about the need for RFI-21 for exemption from social security retention. Does that apply to recibos verdes(with article 53) ? If so what fields and with what should I fill in the RFI-21 and to where to submit ?

The RFI-21 form is used in Portugal to request an exemption from social security contributions, and it is applicable to all self-employed individuals, including those who work under the "recibos verdes" system with article 53.

To request an exemption, you need to fill out the RFI-21 form and submit it to the local Social Security office. The form requires you to provide information about your income, expenses, and other relevant details. You should also include any supporting documents that are required, such as proof of income or tax returns.

It's important to note that the requirements for exemption from social security contributions can vary depending on your specific situation, so it's a good idea to consult with a tax professional or an accountant who can provide you with more personalized guidance.

I'm talking of the social security retention of the upwork fee. How do I get the RFI-21 fill and signed by upwork ?

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola. The help option is not understanding my question. I also need the model 21 RFI and the residency certification. Thanks

margaridaisf
Community Member

Hi! I also need these.

Can I get someone to reach out to me too, please?

Thank you in advance

Hi Margarida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c716b22c
Community Member

Hi,

My request seems to have been forgoten. Can anyone from the support team assist...please?

Hi Ivo,

We apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here. once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c716b22c
Community Member

Great, thanks!

Hello, Arjay.

I'm in the same situation and need the same documentation (RFI 21 and certificate of residency from Upwork).
I can't find a way to reach Upwork support other that this - can you please help?

All the best,

Rita Bastos

Hi Rita,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ines-silva
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same problem, I also need the RFI-21 form. Can someone from support team contact me? Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths